General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang At Cars & Coffee Shows How You Do Not Drive At Cars & Coffee

Old 2/2/14, 11:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang At Cars & Coffee Shows How You Do Not Drive At Cars & Coffee

Video Link

Cars & Coffee meetups have become a sacred ritual of weekend mornings across the USA, where people come to gather and bask in the mutual glow of the love of the automobile. But drivers like the one at the wheel of this Mustang at the Cars & Coffee meet in Charlotte, North Carolina, are just setting us back
Seth, the reader who sent this in, knows just how bad this sort of thing is

Yesterday at the cars and coffee meet in Charlotte NC a mustang 5.0 crashed into a fire hydrant trying to do a burnout as he left. They are talking about shutting the event down because of this crap that people do everytime they leave, even though they tell them not to. Luckily no one was standing there as he went over the curb and up the hill to hit the hydrant.
People need to know that this is not ok. There was a cop around, watching people leaving but he was busy giving a ticket to someone else. there was also a M3 with a 2jz swap doing doughnuts prior to this and many people to burnouts. This is a great event and would really suck if it got shut down.
One of the daily struggles of someone who likes (alright, loves) cars is that I have to convince people I'm not just some pea-brained street racer that likes to show off. I love the way they look, the noise they make, how they feel, and yes, speed. Cars are a multi-sensual art form, that have the added benefit of being incredibly fun as well. P
So when automotive enthusiasts gather in the early morning of a Saturday or a Sunday, something that only Productive Members of Society would do, to appreciate all that is the motor vehicle, all it takes is one person driving like an asshat to paint everyone who loves a
look bad. P
Leave your burnouts and your racing and everything else for somewhere that isn't a public road.P
Don't be that guy.P

Link to article and more video.

http://jalopnik.com/mustang-at-cars-...ium=socialflow
Old 2/3/14, 08:58 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Honestly it sounds like that C&C needs to be shut down if people are regularly pulling these stunts.

They've got a cop there issuing tickets while the guy in the Mustang wrecks has car and another two guys doing donuts on the same day plus all the burnouts.
Old 2/3/14, 09:40 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
And this is why we can't have nice things.

We have the same issue with Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach. The people leave and try to show off by doing burnouts. I don't mind getting on it a bit and letting people hear the exhuast note (no breaking of traction) but this is nonsense.
Old 2/3/14, 09:44 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Stupid people runing things once again. Maybe step up enforcement? Iknow its easier said than done but. Maybe have one or two cops patrolling the meet location and one outside the entrance/exit monitoring things. Or maybe if theres security departments at those locations give them the ability to write tickets and issue them as needed just like a normal cop
Old 2/3/14, 09:57 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The bad thing about asking for more enforcement, is that sometimes police departments ask that they organizing committee of the event pay for the officers to be on site since that's not their duty. The police department doesnt want to make 2-3 of it's officers come off their regular duty to stay stationary at an event like this.
Old 2/3/14, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
The bad thing about asking for more enforcement, is that sometimes police departments ask that they organizing committee of the event pay for the officers to be on site since that's not their duty. The police department doesnt want to make 2-3 of it's officers come off their regular duty to stay stationary at an event like this.
@$$hats ruin it for everyone....
Old 2/3/14, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I plan to attend cars&coffee or supercar sunday near future but if this is all you get then no thanks. Such stupidity is a disgrace to the Mustang community. "I want to like Mustang but people driving them are douches" - I don't need to hear this.
Old 2/3/14, 10:30 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
no less stupid but it would have been easier to swallow if it had been a camaro ....shades of Big Vito .....
Old 2/3/14, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about the property that this C&C is held on, but if it's on private property, then the vehicle/driver can be listed as 'persona non grata' and removed if they show up.
Old 2/3/14, 05:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 586 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by rriddle3
I don't know about the property that this C&C is held on, but if it's on private property, then the vehicle/driver can be listed as 'persona non grata' and removed if they show up.
That's what I was thinking. Any asshatery would be documented and the person banned from attending any future event. And make it known that was the case.
Old 2/4/14, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

At the car shows that I have attended, there is usually a member or two of the "local constabulary" in the area to take care of those who wish to partake in "@$$hattery". Ironically those who are stopped say that they are "being picked on", then come to forums like these to spew an anti-cop rant.

Frankly, I do not see the the whole "doing a burnout" thing...
A: it does not impress anyone except 10 to 13 year old kids
B: it takes tread life off of your tires
C: it deposits shredded tire crap onto your car
D: it just attracts the attention of the local constabulary
E: it makes one look like an @$$hat.
Old 2/4/14, 05:56 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
well .. a person does`nt nescessarily have to be a hotrodder to own a hotrod ... i love burning out ..
Attached Thumbnails Mustang At Cars & Coffee Shows How You Do Not Drive At Cars & Coffee-copy-dscn0457.jpg   Mustang At Cars & Coffee Shows How You Do Not Drive At Cars & Coffee-dscn1113.jpg  
Old 2/4/14, 05:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
To the dude that "tried" to do the burn out at the C&C show,...what a jack wagon. Good job!
That's just stupid. One,...you got people around and two,...if you're going to do that,...make sure you know what you're doing beforehand.
I wonder what hurt more? His car getting damaged or all those people in the background taking photos/video of the car and laughing/smiling?
Old 2/4/14, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
It's a good thing he didn't go into that white truck. There's a fine example. Of what not to do.
Old 2/4/14, 08:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just looked at the oics, what a shame! A clean DIB mustang is one of the sexiest things on the road today IMO and this jacknut had to mess it up
Old 2/5/14, 07:19 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

I wonder how his insurance will go? I skimmed through the story but if the cops are there I can't imagine him getting away with only a wrecked car and ego. Also if the hydrant and its supporting hardware have been damaged in some fashion I would expect the city would demand compensation.
Old 2/9/14, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just because someone is old enough to get a driver's license, doesn't mean they're old enough to be left unsupervised.

You see that played out every day. This is just one of the more recent publicized examples.
Old 2/12/14, 10:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have been to that very C&C and this stuff has been gone over a bazillion times over in Charlotte. The moved the venue a couple of years ago because the owners of the prior venue didn't want the attention any more. I don't blame them. I think that if the cops are there and something like this happens that the jack wagon that does this crap should get WAY more than a ticket. There has to be enough of a deterrent for people to not even think about it. I would think that getting arrested, with a dose of the impound lot and community service would suffice. As long as there are no exceptions. It's painful to see these guys doing stupid stuff and marring our car culture.
Old 2/14/14, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Every cruise night I've attended over the years encourages people to "get on it" as they leave. Not the organizers, it's the crowd that enjoys hearing old muscle revving like it was built for.

Don't call these guys a$$hats because most true car guys love it. The problem is inexperienced drivers making stupid mistakes. The best thing would be if organizers set up the exit so there is no other traffic or danger to onlookers. You're NEVER going to get car guys to stop revving. Might as well make it safe & enjoyable!
Old 2/15/14, 04:19 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Every cruise night I've attended over the years encourages people to "get on it" as they leave. Not the organizers, it's the crowd that enjoys hearing old muscle revving like it was built for.

Don't call these guys a$$hats because most true car guys love it. The problem is inexperienced drivers making stupid mistakes. The best thing would be if organizers set up the exit so there is no other traffic or danger to onlookers. You're NEVER going to get car guys to stop revving. Might as well make it safe & enjoyable!
Getting loud is one thing, donuts and burnouts are quite another at a venue with a large gathering of people as well as places open for business to the general public at the same time.

Personally I don't have a problem with either in a secluded spot, have fun and take your video and pull the risky maneuver of plastering it all over YouTube and Facebook but it shouldn't be done otherwise, to much Ill will is created as a result. Over the years in my area I've seen the results of such activities from York County's effort to shut down Heritage Square in the 90's where the slightest provocation resulted in a reckless driving charge and currently Genroes in Va Beach where the owner and essentially sponsor of a Friday night cruise in has more or less been told to vacate a long established business spot through strong arm tactics.

Best to keep it cool since a C&C is essentially squatting that takes up valuable real estate in the eyes of property owners and businesses that would rather have paying customers occupying those same spots. Doubly so if the C&C isn't internally policed when it comes to such activities and/or the area is left trashy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang At Cars & Coffee Shows How You Do Not Drive At Cars & Coffee