General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/14, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muffler Delete

A co worker has a 2011 5.0 and he just had the muffler delete done. Has anyone done this? Have you gained power like if you put on a new system. Just wondering if I should take this route "ie its cheaper" or spend a little more and get the out law axel back? Or is a cat back system worth the extra money. i want to make it faster but not track fast.

Drew
Old 4/23/14, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't do it. Learn from the mistakes of those like me who tried to go the cheap route at first. I had my stock mufflers cut off and I hated it. I love my cars to be loud, but this wasnt a good loud. I had heard people say that the Roush AB and a muffler delete sound the same....they dont. After about 2 weeks of muffler delete driving, I promptly ordered my Roush AB. It's what I should have done in the first place. And then I went and added headers and an O/R X pipe a couple months later and I love it. I still have the stock piping with the resonators attached from the X pipe back to the Roush mufflers. Dont know how much of a difference it would make changing that out as well but as of now im happy with the exhaust system. Now I'm lookimg into other items to add or save up for. Either a new suspension setup with a 1inch drop with better shocks and springs or...... a supercharger would be nice. But that might be a little unrealistic at this time for me.

Last edited by flynavy; 4/23/14 at 02:49 PM.
Old 4/23/14, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by flynavy
Don't do it. Learn from the mistakes of those like me who tried to go the cheap route at first. I had my stock mufflers cut off and I hated it. I love my cars to be loud, but this wasnt a good loud. I had heard people say that the Roush AB and a muffler delete sound the same....they dont. After about 2 weeks of muffler delete driving, I promptly ordered my Roush AB. It's what I should have done in the first place. And then I went and added headers and an O/R X pipe a couple months later and I love it. I still have the stock piping with the resonators attached from the X pipe back to the Roush mufflers. Dont know how much of a difference it would make changing that out as well but as of now im happy with the exhaust system. Now I'm lookimg into other items to add or save up for. Either a new suspension setup with a 1inch drop with better shocks and springs or...... a supercharger would be nice. But that might be a little unrealistic at this time for me.

THX i appericiate it