General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/15, 08:40 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)

We followed in tukatz footsteps over the past two weeks. Our Mustang averaged about 25 mpg over our 6,100 miles. Gas prices ranged from $2.01 in Tennessee to over $4.00 in the Lake Louise area. Here are some photos of our GT/CS in Alberta Canada with stops in Vulcan, Banff and the Icefields Pkwy. We entered Canada in Saskatchewan from North Dakota at a very small entry station. We were the only car there and the guy waved us through in less than minute. After a night in Moose Jaw we headed to Vulcan Alberta first (yes, we are sci-fi nerds and visited Area 51 and the ET highway a few years ago in NV in our Mustang). The town has really become involved with the theme. Leonard Nimoy even visited before he passed away. The road to Vulcan is desolate with very few cars as you can see, until we ran into a cattle farmer crossing his herd across the road. The visitor center is shaped like the Enterprise too. Once we arrived in Banff the real magic of the mountains hits you. We had top down weather the first few days and then the snows came as we left. Good timing. Thank heavens we had all-season tires. The Goodyear Eagles handled the roads well. I'll post another thread about the US side of the vacation (Glacier Park especially).
Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-036.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-041.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-050.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-053.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-081.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
Gravydog316 (10/25/16), wanted33 (9/3/17)
Old 9/25/15, 08:45 AM

....and more. The Banff Springs Hotel was a cool photo to take. We were just cruising the back roads and came across it in the distance.
Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-127.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-131.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-141.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-145.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-176.jpg
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (9/3/17)
Old 9/26/15, 05:49 AM

...found another GT photo taken just outside Moraine Lake. Also included a few without the car. A dinner of bison short ribs was a real treat. The bighorn sheep were right in a town on our drive south back to the US. Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-080.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-155.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-084.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-069.jpg

Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)-banff-glacier-national-park-181.jpg
Survivortodd (6/25/20)
Old 9/26/15, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Great looking trip. Thanks for the photos. They bring back memories. Somehow we missed the bison short ribs.
NC14GT (10/31/16)
Old 9/27/15, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sweet trip how did the car run with altitude changes
Old 9/27/15, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Sweet trip how did the car run with altitude changes
Didn't notice anything at all. I used mid grade 89 during the mountainous parts of the trip. The car was basically perfect the entire time. Didn't even use a quart of oil either.
Old 12/31/15, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ran across this thread and pictures. Sounds like it was a great trip and you have a great looking car. We are looking forward to some trips this upcoming summer. Texas to visit relative and CT to visit my sister and brother in law. We will be driving the convertible and the coupe will stay home. But after that we will take turns using them for our travels. (don't want mine to get all the mileage LOL)
Old 1/2/16, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by pretender
Just ran across this thread and pictures. Sounds like it was a great trip and you have a great looking car. We are looking forward to some trips this upcoming summer. Texas to visit relative and CT to visit my sister and brother in law. We will be driving the convertible and the coupe will stay home. But after that we will take turns using them for our travels. (don't want mine to get all the mileage LOL)
You'll have fun in your 'vert, that's for sure. Not sure where you are headed in TX but we hit the Gulf Coast and also the Hill Country. Best BBQ in the USA.
Old 1/12/16, 02:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice thing m findinding about my vert 07 GT/CSis its not high tech , thus i cando most of my own work. The way i seeit that the higher the tech the less you can do & are forced to take it & pay ford 😡
Old 1/12/16, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
You'll have fun in your 'vert, that's for sure. Not sure where you are headed in TX but we hit the Gulf Coast and also the Hill Country. Best BBQ in the USA.
Heading to Vidor small town southeast of Houston - just over the border of Louisiana on the gulf coast. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live there and they are looking forward to seeing us and of course the car. My uncle is drooling at the chance of driving it. He is a Harley Man at 79 years old. One cool dude!. Will look for some great BBQ. My aunt finds the neatest places to eat One was a shack type place with great BBQ but we had Redneck Nacho's - homemade potato chips and brisket and cheese and onions and jalapeno's and sourcream and salsa (homemade of coure) and it was outstanding! Can't remember - some small town not far away. I would love to go back for their brisket bbq. Maybe we will LOL.
Old 1/12/16, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Then the next trip in August to CT to visit my only sister and her husband and we get all the great seafood there. And my brother-in-law loves hot cars so he is very anxious to see it. Not sure he can drive a manual - but if he can I'll let him have a chance at her.
Old 1/12/16, 12:41 PM
GT Member

After those trips - any other trips we take the coupe - time to put some mileage on that puppy! LOL
Old 1/12/16, 12:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by pretender
After those trips - any other trips we take the coupe - time to put some mileage on that puppy! LOL

It's hard to drive a coupe once you enjoy a convertible. Every car I've owned since 1997 has been a convertible. I'm hooked!
Old 1/22/16, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
It's hard to drive a coupe once you enjoy a convertible. Every car I've owned since 1997 has been a convertible. I'm hooked!
You're not alone. I've had 'verts on and off since 1972 (my first one was a Fiat 850 Spyder) and at one time had 3 'verts at once (a BMW Z3, 911, and my Trans Am). Now it's just the T/A and the Mustang. The German 'fling' I had became too expensive, despite how nice they performed.
Old 6/5/16, 11:05 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
just stumbled on this thread again- and all I can say is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !
NC14GT (6/6/16)
Old 6/5/16, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Beautiful pictures. How long were you gone? 6100 miles is one heck of a road trip.
Old 6/6/16, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Hey, thanks for reviving this. I actually enjoyed my own post again.
Here's the other half if interested.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...photos-538964/

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Beautiful pictures. How long were you gone? 6100 miles is one heck of a road trip.
It was about 3 weeks total. 8 solid days of that was heavy duty highway driving to cover the miles.
We stopped in your town twice, both coming and going to get Shapiro's deli food. We love that place. Not many quality delis in the south unfortunately.
Old 6/7/16, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Hey, thanks for reviving this. I actually enjoyed my own post again.
Here's the other half if interested.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...photos-538964/

It was about 3 weeks total. 8 solid days of that was heavy duty highway driving to cover the miles.
We stopped in your town twice, both coming and going to get Shapiro's deli food. We love that place. Not many quality delis in the south unfortunately.
I dont think the wife and I would still be married if we were in the car for 3 weeks together. The longest trip we did was 2 weeks, out to Yellowstone, then Grand Tetons, and then into Colorado, around 3600-4000 miles. That was in the Minivan, with an 11 and 13 year old.

Shapiro's is really good, but pricey. I havent been there in years and I live here, lol. Did you try their Cheesecake? It is very good too. Now I'm going to have to go there...

How did you find out about Shipiros? Live here or have friends/family in town? Didnt know it was known outside of town.
Old 6/7/16, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
Right! I started reading the first post and was like Kool.. Then looked at the date and finished reading. We need more threads like this one. I vote Mustang vacations get its own section! It would be cool right?
NC14GT (10/31/16)
Old 10/26/16, 09:00 AM

It's interesting this keeps getting views after a year has gone by. Glad many of you are enjoying it. Here was this year's vacation. Not quite as exciting but still a good time.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...cation-541877/

Rog13GTCS, I just saw your question. It's only been 4 months
We heard about them many, many years ago when searching for famous delis. Well rated in TripAdvisor too. We try to make Indy a stop on any northern trip (within reason). We've tried so many things on their menu. Nothing disappoints.
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (11/8/16)

Quick Reply: Let's start with the Canadian part (photos)