General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Horrible day

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/14, 04:16 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I spilled my beer once. It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose. It didn't involve anyone else.
LOL
Old 3/31/14, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
I spilled my beer once. It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose. It didn't involve anyone else.
That was no "accident" ..... that was a "wreck" (my preferred term) or "crash" (if trying to be kind) ..... it occurred due to your own inattention, maybe even reckless handling ..... it's wasn't the beer's fault. Others drank their beer and didn't spill it.
Old 3/31/14, 07:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you get carried away and think you could handle all 12 ounces?? 😂
Old 4/1/14, 06:49 PM

Sad to see this happen, glad no one was hurt
Old 4/1/14, 11:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
AdvanceTrac prevents that kind of trouble rather well...unless you're one of the "experts" who always turns it off! Otherwise, he was probably distracted. Glad he's okay.
I turn mine off all the time (unless it's wet), but I do it because I won't dare start goofing around with 660rwhp and no safety measures. It keeps me honest, safe and accident- and ticket-free. I'm much more likely to screw around if I know the car will (probably) keep me from killing myself or hurting someone. It sounds backwards, but I use whatever psychology I need to in order to keep myself and everyone around me safe.
Old 4/1/14, 11:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

He unintentionally wrecked the car by driving aggressively. He paid the price. Perhaps he should have been more judicial in his choice of location to drive his car too fast.
Old 4/2/14, 01:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I turn mine off all the time (unless it's wet), but I do it because I won't dare start goofing around with 660rwhp and no safety measures. It keeps me honest, safe and accident- and ticket-free. I'm much more likely to screw around if I know the car will (probably) keep me from killing myself or hurting someone. It sounds backwards, but I use whatever psychology I need to in order to keep myself and everyone around me safe.
That's a very odd strategy, but I get the idea. Reminds me of my dating "safety measures" - in order to keep me and everyone around me safe, only one of us can get naked at a time.

Well, it sounded like a good idea, but it didn't always work as I expected!

Be very careful!
Old 4/2/14, 01:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
That's a very odd strategy, but I get the idea. Reminds me of my dating "safety measures" - in order to keep me and everyone around me safe, only one of us can get naked at a time.

Well, it sounded like a good idea, but it didn't always work as I expected!

Be very careful!
Like I said, I don't screw around with it at all when the nannies are off. It's too powerful at this point and I don't trust myself as a driver to be good enough to keep from causing a disaster.
Old 4/2/14, 06:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tons of "accidents" are avoidable, here is a piece of advice I tell a lot of my friends...

"Stop driving like a dick."
Old 4/2/14, 04:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Tons of "accidents" are avoidable, here is a piece of advice I tell a lot of my friends...

"Stop driving like a dick."
Yea, cause everyone loves driving their mustang like a grocery getter.
Old 4/2/14, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by BadAzzMobile
lol...so it's either grocery-getter or ********-mode? I'll do my best to avoid having my car anywhere near yours on the road.
Old 4/3/14, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

lol...so it's either grocery-getter or ********-mode? I'll do my best to avoid having my car anywhere near yours on the road.
Ahh *****, can't hang with the real mustang drivers??
Old 4/3/14, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Ahh p***y, can't hang with the real mustang drivers??
Would you classify your friend who wrecked that Mustang on the straight wide two lane roadway as a "real mustang driver"?

Mustangs don't make great grocery getters (not a lot of easily accessible room for bags of vittles) .... but that guy's yellow Mustang would probably look a lot better today if he'd just "drove" it like it was a grocery getter and he was a little old lady ..... or if he had "just drove it" instead of just going along and letting the car drive?

People wanting to drive their Mustang like they are real race car drivers driving a race car should book time at a track or take it out into their grandpa's field .... not do it on public roadways occupied by other innocent motorist and lined with private residences and businesses.

Last edited by tbear853; 4/3/14 at 07:10 PM.
Old 4/3/14, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Pretty much what I was thinking lol
Old 4/3/14, 08:44 PM
V6 Member

Lmao the funny thing is most everyone on here was saying how driving 120+ is safe and easy to do 😂😂
Old 4/4/14, 02:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Lmao the funny thing is most everyone on here was saying how driving 120+ is safe and easy to do 😂😂
Quotes,.....or it didn't happen bro.
Drive 120+? That's great going down the track. Driving down a residential area? Nawwwwww. (Because that what this thread is about, correct? That looks like a residential area and definitely not a track. Let's not twist the facts.)
You end up with a totaled Mustang. Sort of like the yellow one in the pics that you posted. You'll either hurt yourself or worse yet, hurt or kill some innocent people.
Old 4/4/14, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Quotes,.....or it didn't happen bro.
Drive 120+? That's great going down the track. Driving down a residential area? Nawwwwww. (Because that what this thread is about, correct? That looks like a residential area and definitely not a track. Let's not twist the facts.)
You end up with a totaled Mustang. Sort of like the yellow one in the pics that you posted. You'll either hurt yourself or worse yet, hurt or kill some innocent people.
Mines running great actually bruh
Old 4/4/14, 04:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Mines running great actually bruh
Mighty proud of ya.
Old 4/4/14, 06:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Mighty proud of ya.
10-4
Old 4/5/14, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Lmao the funny thing is most everyone on here was saying how driving 120+ is safe and easy to do ����
I have been here a while, have had many Mustangs, including a GT500, and I personally do not recall ever saying anything about how driving over 120 MPH is safe.

I have taken my Mustangs out on old country roads where I could see clearly and run them up through the gears to maybe 80 or 90, and in hindsight, that was probably not the safest thing to do either. Going to a track is the smart thing to do, IMHO.

However if your friend, or anyone else for that matter, drives fast in a residential area, then that is a very bad decision.

I am not sure of your friend's age, but I bet he is a younger driver. With more driving experience and as he gets older, he will realize that in a residential area, there could be a young child on a bicycle that may be riding along and be the victim of a speeding driver.

You mentioned driving like a "grocery getter". Actually, sometimes driving easy is a smarter idea to avoid such an accident.

I feel for your friend and I hope he continues to be ok from the accident. I also hope this helps slow him down so he can be that great driver you mentioned.

It is poor judgements like this that raise all our insurance rates too. Never anything we like to pay extra for, others accidents caused by bad decisions.

I am not perfect by a long shot either. I made some real stupid driving decisions when I was young that I am not proud of. Thank God I never injured myself or anyone else or had a bad accident.

My point here is please be careful and don't make bad decisions when driving. Life is precious and we all need to drive "smart" !

Again, I hope your friend is ok.

Phil

Quick Reply: Horrible day