General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Horrible day

Old 3/26/14, 12:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BadAzzMobile

I'm not sure what exactly happend but I thing he got on it at the wrong time, right when he was going over some sand in the road.
AdvanceTrac prevents that kind of trouble rather well...unless you're one of the "experts" who always turns it off! Otherwise, he was probably distracted. Glad he's okay.
Old 3/26/14, 02:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
60-70mph approaching a residential area? (look how close the car is to the houses in the first photo).

Just glad it was the bridge he hit and not a small child

Sorry to sound like a boring old fart, but I hope the experience slows him down a little.

That being said, it's a sad loss of a great car.
Old 3/26/14, 08:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS

AdvanceTrac prevents that kind of trouble rather well...unless you're one of the "experts" who always turns it off! Otherwise, he was probably distracted. Glad he's okay.
Apparently on here everyone is an expert and can safely drive at speeds of up so 120+ but hey, to each his own.

I personally never turn mine off, because I have no reason to, I have no need to floor it everywhere I go, but sometimes you do want to get on it, just choose where you do it at wisely, he chose the wrong spot.
Old 3/26/14, 08:57 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
60-70mph approaching a residential area? (look how close the car is to the houses in the first photo).

Just glad it was the bridge he hit and not a small child

Sorry to sound like a boring old fart, but I hope the experience slows him down a little.

That being said, it's a sad loss of a great car.
Idk how fast he was going, I just assumed he got on it right after the tracks, so I estimated he was going 60...he could of been going 45 idk
Old 3/29/14, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Crazy thing is he is one of the best drivers. ... etc ...

Single vehicle crash, good weather, straight roadway, plenty of width (note center double line), for sure.

Glad he's OK!

I bet he got a nice "receipt" for that stunt?

Last edited by tbear853; 3/29/14 at 10:32 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Cause only people who can't drive wreck? Lmao accidents are called accidents for a reason...cause they are accidents. They happen.

I was really meaning for that comment to go towards responsible driver instead of good.
Old 3/30/14, 09:25 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
So,....did he hit the gas pedal by accident when he started bouncing around that bridge? That looks like A LOT of damage.
I'm glad he is okay. Really sucks about his car though. Any word if insurance totaled it?
Old 3/30/14, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cause only people who can't drive wreck? Lmao accidents are called accidents for a reason...cause they are accidents. They happen.

I was really meaning for that comment to go towards responsible driver instead of good.
He might be a best friend, might normally be responsible, may even occasionally be a great driver, he might be "salt of the earth" type person .... but when he done "that there mess", he was not in any way being a great or good or even responsible driver. Accidents don't "just happen", they happen for a reason. This mess was most assuredly preventable, all it required was a few seconds attention.

In this case, he wasn't taking his driving seriously. If I had done that in a police car on duty .... well, you and I both know the howls that would have produced. I know a deputy who was responding code in the rain and ended up with the front of the car in a shower stall with a young girl, thankfully she was not seriously hurt .... he caught hell for it, and rightfully so.

No question, we've all "been there", but some of us learn by critiquing ourselves, some of us were guided to it by others, some of us learn the lessons early and easy, some of us never learn. Good driving ain't just about "not fast", it means nothing if you never speed if you also allow distractions and inattention in while doing so.

Maybe some day your friend becomes a great driver, but for now .... he has a journey ahead of him to get there. I have life long friends and family that are also "not so good" at driving and I pray for them, and I don't ride with them driving.

I am glad he's OK and that no innocents were hurt in this production, and I even really do hope it's not totaled. It would be good for him as a reminder if they just fix it.

That's all.

Last edited by tbear853; 3/30/14 at 09:56 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 12:17 PM

It happens. Glad he is ok. I got lucky with most of my stupid mistakes with a car and otherwise. The older you get the smarter you try to be when you do stuff.
I guess that is why insurance rates drop when you get older.
The coyote is a very tough car to resist stomping the gas on. Outside of the interior and maybe the motor. There is not much to salvage off that car.
He is lucky. Tell him to count his blessings.
Old 3/30/14, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
ouch, that's a Yellow Blaze car too, isn't it? Rare color
Old 3/30/14, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

I haven't heard from him, I'll get with him and see what the damage was and everything.

And yes I do believe it was yellow blaze!
Old 3/30/14, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
...I know a deputy who was responding code in the rain and ended up with the front of the car in a shower stall with a young girl, thankfully she was not seriously hurt ....
Fixed that for you.
Old 3/30/14, 02:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
"Cause only people who can't drive wreck? Lmao accidents are called accidents for a reason...cause they are accidents. They happen.

I was really meaning for that comment to go towards responsible driver instead of good. "

If by "accident" you meant an unintended event then, yes: the guy had an "accident". Otherwise he had an avoidable traffic collision. Semantics to be sure but cops don't investigate accidents. They investigate collisions. This looks like a series of bad decisions that lead up to this result. Break that chain at most any point and nothing happens. Sorry about the car, though.

Last edited by junkman9096; 3/30/14 at 02:44 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 02:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
If by "accident" you meant an unintended event then, yes: the guy had an "accident". Otherwise he had an avoidable traffic collision. Semantics to be sure but cops don't investigate accidents. This looks like a series of bad decisions that lead up to this result. Break that chain at most any point and nothing happens. Sorry about the car, though.
Pretty much what I was thinking as well. It may be an "accident", but looking at the damage on the car, I don't know. (Maybe I'm wrong? )
Call me crazy but that looks like a residential area as well, and in my neighborhood, residential areas require slow speeds.
Old 3/30/14, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Originally Posted by
Originally Posted by tbear853
...I know a deputy who was responding code in
the rain and ended up with the front of the car in a shower stall with a young
girl, thankfully she was not seriously hurt ....
Fixed that for you.
Ooops, don't know how that slipped by .... but Thanks ..... and that's correct.

Last edited by tbear853; 3/30/14 at 10:00 PM.
Old 3/31/14, 12:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
If by "accident" you meant an unintended event then, yes: the guy had an "accident". Otherwise he had an avoidable traffic collision.
I think the proper word here is crash. This guy crashed his car; or crashed into a bridge; or something.

I would use the word accident when running over somebody - "Oops, sorry! Didn't mean to do that!"

I would say I had a collision when another vehicle slams into me - "What's wrong with you, *******!"

If I was driving too fast for conditions and lost control of the vehicle, spun, slid across a lawn, over a fence, through a wall and into a shower stall with a young girl...

...well...that's a crash...and, if no injuries, perhaps serendipity.

I know, it's all semantics. But he crashed. Bummer!
Old 3/31/14, 12:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS

I think the proper word here is crash. This guy crashed his car; or crashed into a bridge; or something.

I would use the word accident when running over somebody - "Oops, sorry! Didn't mean to do that!"

I would say I had a collision when another vehicle slams into me - "What's wrong with you, *******!"

If I was driving too fast for conditions and lost control of the vehicle, spun, slid across a lawn, over a fence, through a wall and into a shower stall with a young girl...

...well...that's a crash...and, if no injuries, perhaps serendipity.

I know, it's all semantics. But he crashed. Bummer!
.....an accident is an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

Sooooooo
Old 3/31/14, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
An accident, mishap, or, more archaically, misadventure, is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity. It usually implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.
Old 3/31/14, 02:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I spilled my beer once. It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose. It didn't involve anyone else.
Old 3/31/14, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I spilled my beer once during a misadventure...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrible day