General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Garage Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/15, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Garage Lift?

Looking to get a portable garage lift for at home. Anyone have one? What are your opinions of them? Im looking at two options the ranger quick jack distributed by bendpack and the Autolift portable mid rise. I like the auto lift because of the extra capacity that will allow me to use it on my f150 as well and the extra lift height but i can't find much info on this brand. If anyone has any info on these or suggestions please let me know. Ive had bend pack stuff at work before and had good luck with it but their mid rise option has the crossbars mounted higher making transmission/clutch work pretty much impossible. I like the auto lift low crossbeam design but have no idea if they are safe/reliable.

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...er-bl-5000.htm

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...l-6k-mr-38.htm
Old 8/13/15, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
There is a video posted on YouTube that EricTheCarGuy posted about this type of loft or one very similar to this (I think it may possibly be the same brand) go check his video out as there is a lot of great info on this type of lift and how to get the most out of it.
Old 8/14/15, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I saw his a while back when i first started looking. It seems a bit low though. After talking with a rep i think i have decided on a mid rise scissor lift. Seems to be best all around fit for my needs. I have abandoned AutoLift all together for now since i can't find any useful info on them. But it seems for anyone looking that the scissor style lifts are all made by one company just repainted and rebadged so paying $1800 for a bendpak branded model vs. some other brand for $1300 is just wasted money it seems. Warrantees look uniform across the board as well as construction. Hopefully this will help anyone in the future sort through the various brands. Im slowly learning myself and maybe i can add more info and pictures. Im going to the showroom for best buy auto equipment to look at the different brands and compare how they are built.

Last edited by 09-gt/cs; 8/14/15 at 10:01 AM.