General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

A Faster Horse: The Mustang Documentary You've Been Waiting For

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/15, 05:53 PM
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Faster Horse: The Mustang Documentary You've Been Waiting For

After all this time, there really has never been a definitive film that encapsulates the whole story of the Mustang. Until now.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 9/1/15, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I think it’s fair to say that everyone here, including myself, is a big Mustang fan. If not more than that. The Mustang, no matter which iteration, which variation, which engine, will always hold a special place in our hearts. However, through the years, through all the Mustang’s trial and tribulations, there really has never been a truly definitive film that encapsulates the car we all love so much. Until now.

The trailer you are about to see below is from a short film documentary about the history and future of the Mustang, A Faster Horse. And honestly, the trailer itself gave me goosebumps. It’s the sort of independent film you’d see at Cannes or winning an Oscar; that’s how good this film looks.

A Faster Horse seems to transcend the typical automotive film’s enthusiast audience and brings the passion we all have for this car to a world stage. The film will be available through Vimeo starting October 9th, and will be featured in a select few theaters around the country for one day only on October 8th. Watch the trailer, pre-order the film. Do it. It’s definitely worth it.
Old 9/15/15, 03:42 PM

new Mustang documentary

Have you seen the trailer for A Faster Horse? It looks incredible. October 8th in theaters, one night only. I'm there.

"Everyone has a Mustang story."

https://www.tugg.com/titles/a-faster-horse
Attached Thumbnails A Faster Horse: The Mustang Documentary You've Been Waiting For-afasterhorse_web.jpg  
Old 11/26/15, 01:18 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is an interesting story that any Mustang, or car lover will like. Watching how Ford is structured for a project of d signing and creating a new version of a car is fasinationating. The fact that it is a Mustang. Takes it over the top for me.

I would like to buy a copy so I can play it anytime and anywhere I would like to. It looks like you can buy it, but only to get permission to view it online. I suppose it would have a password I would need to remember. Along with having to be connected to the Internet to run it.

Anyone know if a dvd version will be available?
Old 11/26/15, 07:31 PM

DVD would be cool! It's also on amazon.
Old 11/29/15, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the DVD is for sale on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017WL...SNL&ref=plSrch
Old 11/29/15, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
DVD: $25

Blu-Ray: $16

Also, Vimeo, in case anyone wonders, digital stream anytime, $13, or rent it for $7.
Old 11/29/15, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

Nice, it must have just been put out there. It will be released on December 8th. My blue ray order is in. Nice, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11/29/15, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
DVD: $25

Blu-Ray: $16

Also, Vimeo, in case anyone wonders, digital stream anytime, $13, or rent it for $7.
That must be a price mistake, I will buy it on Prime HD for 7 bucks. Should ****** the blu-ray , but now days I only buy physical copies of only movies I consider masterpieces of cinema.
Old 12/1/15, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

My copy is going next to my copies of Bullet, gone in sixty seconds, death race, transformers, I am legend, and transformers.

I respect your call out Hyperdrive. It's not an Oscar winning movie that would be up for best picture. It is a well done documentary on the creation and transformation of an American icon. IMHO, the exterior design captures the Mustang DNA. The entire car is a work of art. It is over the top amazing to me to be able to watch how the engineers put this version together. Watching some of the warts play out like the last minute issues of the drive shaft I believe it it was. Watching how all the different units worked together. Very interesting and the story of the car in my garage.

To me, I want a physical copy to save. Thanks again for point out it will be released. I am just waiting for dec 8th now.
Old 12/2/15, 06:34 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Great documentary. I got it on-demand a while back. It's a must see for Mustang fans, and auto enthusiasts in general.
Old 12/2/15, 11:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our Mustang Club hosted a screening at our local theater. Awesome doc. I bought it on iTunes the next day.
Old 2/3/16, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Just reviving the thread to say a couple of things:

1) It's out on Netflix, yay!

2) It is fantastic. Worth the watch!
Old 2/5/16, 02:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Just FYI, the fiery bright redhead from New Jersey in there is a pretty cool personal friend who is the head of the radiology dept in one of their hospital systems. You'd never guess it by looking at her. She also has a collection of roughly 2 1/2 dozen Fords, most of them Mustangs of some variety.
Old 2/5/16, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It was OK, first 3rd of it was cool but the other 2/3rd of it played to much as a commercial then a good documentary film. Not enough detailed technical info, not enough history provided other then they stated Shelby was awesome made mustang powerful and few old video clips. To much people talking like salesman stating " mustang blah blah awesome " mustang heritage blah blah, blah blah iconic mustang, mustang, mustang, mustang" the only good part was the videos from the inside of factory and design studios, the dialog and information in this did not teach me anything new that most people already know. Should of made it as a history documentary and tell stories of all the generation of mustangs, but all we got is a long commercial for the S550.
Old 2/8/16, 11:46 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I liked it. I met the film crew back in 2014, at a track day I was driving in, and a picture of our red beauty is in the film! Too bad it's when they roll through pictures really fast, so it's hard to see. It's at the 38-minute mark. I paused the movie to catch the screen, it's wifey and son with the car:
Old 2/8/16, 12:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
I liked it. I met the film crew back in 2014, at a track day I was driving in, and a picture of our red beauty is in the film! Too bad it's when they roll through pictures really fast, so it's hard to see. It's at the 38-minute mark. I paused the movie to catch the screen, it's wifey and son with the car:
Glenn should be happy, you included a pic of the wife. In other news, I just picture quoted - bound to ruffle some feathers.
Old 2/8/16, 02:00 PM
V6 Member

I just found this on netflix
Old 2/8/16, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
It was OK, first 3rd of it was cool but the other 2/3rd of it played to much as a commercial then a good documentary film. Not enough detailed technical info, not enough history provided other then they stated Shelby was awesome made mustang powerful and few old video clips. To much people talking like salesman stating " mustang blah blah awesome " mustang heritage blah blah, blah blah iconic mustang, mustang, mustang, mustang" the only good part was the videos from the inside of factory and design studios, the dialog and information in this did not teach me anything new that most people already know. Should of made it as a history documentary and tell stories of all the generation of mustangs, but all we got is a long commercial for the S550.
I really enjoyed seeing inside the development of the S550 and the tradeoffs they had to do. That said, yeah I kinda felt the same way about it being a commercial.

Then again I could just be bitter they didn't talk about how awesome the S197 was
Old 2/8/16, 06:46 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I kind of agree with Cavero about the S197. The S197 launched the whole 'retro muscle' thing in 2005, and interest in the modern Mustang skyrocketed. Then S197 improvements for 2011 improved it to a sporty car. Then came the Boss in 2012. Didn't Dave Pericak spearhead the Boss program? All of this would have made a nice 'bring the audience up to speed' sort of thing.

Quick Reply: A Faster Horse: The Mustang Documentary You've Been Waiting For