Announcements What You Need to Know

Changes at The Mustang Source

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 07:47 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Changes at The Mustang Source

More than 10 years ago I created a web page to save photos of my favorite Mustangs. Today, The Mustang Source has 21,000 members and is one of the premier online Mustang communities, not because of anything I have done, but because of all of you: the TMS members that give this site life.

It's been a wild ride. I've made great friends, had dinner with one of my childhood heroes, and built an incredible Mustang.

In the 10 years since I started this site I've gotten married and had two beautiful children, and I haven't been able to give The Mustang Source the time and attention it needs to be successful. I've had to completely rely on our outstanding administrative team, led by Scott "Scothew" Jackson, to keep the forums running smoothly. Still, I haven't been able to devote the time required to attract and maintain site sponsors.

About two weeks ago, my wife and I were examining our finances and wondering what to do with The Mustang Source--a hobby that's been more like a child to me for as long as I can remember. We truly feel that God answered our prayers when the very next morning I received an offer to sell the web site.

The new owners of The Mustang Source are Jon Farmelo and Nathan Wingate--JonF and Nathan W on the forums--proven businessmen and automotive enthusiasts who I am confident will lead this web site to future success. They operate the family-friendly F150Forum.com among other Internet ventures.

For TMS members, not much will change. Jon and Nathan want to keep the current moderating team in place and maintain the tight-knit community that The Mustang Source is.

I will remain on board as a web site administrator--reporting news and answering questions, but mostly, I'll just be Brad Barnett: husband, father, Mustang enthusiast. I can't think of a better biography.
Old 6/4/10, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the years of wonderful Mustang memories.
Old 6/4/10, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

WOW....Congratulations on the sale!! Wish you much success in your new path!!
Old 6/4/10, 07:57 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats and Thank You.
Old 6/4/10, 08:02 AM
FR500 Member

Congratulations on your new title!
Old 6/4/10, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just wanted to make a quick hello and tell everyone that I am really excited to be a part of the site. As Brad mentioned, we own and operate another Ford enthusiast site (www.F150Forum.com) and are excited to be a part of this Mustang community. We strive to have a friendly, welcoming environment that shares a lot of great information about mustangs -- and that is why Brad and I feel like this will be a good fit.

Please feel free to ask any questions here or PM me.

Thanks!
Jon
Old 6/4/10, 08:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Welcome to the MustangSauce Jonf I see you're a newbie

Brad great job over the years man, love the site thank you!
Old 6/4/10, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the welcome. I'm extremely excited about being apart of The Mustang Source and look forward to getting to know you all. Brad has done an amazing job building a huge resource for mustang enthusiasts. I hope we can continue building on the great foundation he has laid.

A little about me. I'm a life long Mustang fan and my brother and I spent years reading Mustang magazines and going to car shows and swap meets. I grew up in Virginia so we would go up to Carlisle, PA to see the show and head out to summit point raceway to see some vintage car racing. I'm very much a Mustang fan, both new and old.

Well, as Jon said let us know if you have any questions. Glad to be here and apart of the site. Thanks for the welcome all.
Old 6/4/10, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Welcome to the MustangSauce Jonf I see you're a newbie

Brad great job over the years man, love the site thank you!
Yup...I'm a newb...but hopefully not for long.
Old 6/4/10, 09:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As a long time member I certainly would like to personally thank Brad and his crew for the outstanding job that they have done over the last 10 years. I visit here almost everyday and have learned alot about the S197 and have gotten most of my modding ideas from fellow members.

I was 58 when I bought GRAYPNY and she revitalized my in interest in cars. $45,000 later I still have as much passion for the car as I did then.

THANK YOU!
Old 6/4/10, 09:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow I'm shocked!

I feel like its the end of an Era... Brad, I fell in love with the Site you and Scott built for many reasons. I trust your decision that Jon and Nathan are worthy of the passed torch and will look forward to what the future brings! Well done good and faithful (Mustang) servant!

A pre-intervention request for grace for a certain member that goes by future9er24.... he means well...lol, be patient with him!

Last edited by codeman94; 6/4/10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 6/4/10, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks to Brad for a great site. And congratulations to Jon & Nathan for taking on the monumental task of running the asylum!! LOL!!

This was the first site/forum I joined when I bought my 2005 Mustang which was also my first Mustang. Over the years it has proven to be a wealth of knowledge, ideas, camaraderie and comedy. I hope it will continue this way as it has benefited me greatly being a member here.
Old 6/4/10, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

A BIG Thanks to Brad for TMS! I waited over 40 years to get my second Mustang at 57 which was the 05. Due to this site and the willingness of its members to bring me up to speed regarding cars without carbs, points, etc - I managed to modify my passion without too many "dumb butt" mistakes.
Best of luck to you and your family.

Regarding the new kids on the block, anyone connected to F150's are ok in my book, although I'm still in mourning over my 92 F150 that decided to die last year after 229K.
Old 6/4/10, 11:38 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Brad.....

Even tho I havent been here a year yet I think that this site is an awesome site. I am on here everyday talking to my friends or better yet Brothers and Sisters that are also Mustang Enthusiast. Everybody on this site is more than just another Mustang Enthusiast. We are all a great big family here. This all couldnt have happen if it were not for you and Scothew and the rest of the adim and mods. I also want to say good luck in your travels in life and may they be the best things that happen to you. I just want to finish by saying THANK YOU for the great site that you started. I am sure that it will continue being the site that grew to be what it is today.

Originally Posted by Nathan W
Thanks for the welcome. I'm extremely excited about being apart of The Mustang Source and look forward to getting to know you all. Brad has done an amazing job building a huge resource for mustang enthusiasts. I hope we can continue building on the great foundation he has laid.

A little about me. I'm a life long Mustang fan and my brother and I spent years reading Mustang magazines and going to car shows and swap meets. I grew up in Virginia so we would go up to Carlisle, PA to see the show and head out to summit point raceway to see some vintage car racing. I'm very much a Mustang fan, both new and old.

Well, as Jon said let us know if you have any questions. Glad to be here and apart of the site. Thanks for the welcome all.
Originally Posted by Jonf
Yup...I'm a newb...but hopefully not for long.
I just want to say Welcome to TMS. I know that you guys will enjoy it here.

Originally Posted by codeman94
A pre-intervention request for grace for a certain member that goes by future9er24.... he means well...lol, be patient with him!
I X2 this. He can be a little on the slow side if you know what I mean.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 6/4/10 at 11:41 AM.
Old 6/4/10, 12:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Welcome to you, Jon & Nathan. Brad, it is good to know you are still around. You set the tone from the beginning for this site. Jon and Nathan, I am glad to hear your plan is to maintain that same family-friendly quality.

Most forum sites are hard to endure because of the nastiness, flaming and overall lack of any sense of maturity.

Here's hoping The Mustang Source will remain the quality online community it has always been!
Old 6/4/10, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
Welcome to you, Jon & Nathan. Brad, it is good to know you are still around. You set the tone from the beginning for this site. Jon and Nathan, I am glad to hear your plan is to maintain that same family-friendly quality.

Most forum sites are hard to endure because of the nastiness, flaming and overall lack of any sense of maturity.

Here's hoping The Mustang Source will remain the quality online community it has always been!
I agree whole-heartedly on all accounts!

Thanks for the welcome
Old 6/4/10, 01:52 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI

+1
Old 6/4/10, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

welcome to TMS JonF. what car do u drive?
Old 6/4/10, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

^^^^

Loaded question but I am guessing F150. Welcome, and thanks Brad for everything that got this place to this point you should be proud.
Old 6/4/10, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the welcome...

I'm at the tail end of driving a company car (a BMW 3 series -- company had some requirements, 4 doors, gas mileage, etc...). So basically I'm in the market for a new car. And yes, a 2010 Mustang is on top of the list. I'd go for an '11, but that's just a little pricey for me right now.

Since the 2010s came out, I've been eying them pretty good and given that I've got to get rid of the company car, it just makes sense.

So...that leads to the question of course...what Mustang to buy.

I've always wanted a convertible and I'd love a 2010 GT or even the 2011 v6. Unfortunately, those are on the high side of my budget. (BTW..a dealer around here (Ted Britt Ford) has a sweet 2010 GT Convertible (automatic) with pretty much all the bells and whistles (minus nav) that MSRP's for $41K. He is willing to drop that price to close to $34K -- pretty good deal.)

So what I think I'm gonna do is go with a 2010 v6, with a few miles on it. I can probably get out the door in the low $20s and then have some cash to do some mods on the engine. I love the sync (right now I've got to fuss with my ipod to change music and its annoying), so I want to get the premium.

The top of my list right now is one up in Hagerstown, MD....although I'm having trouble getting up there to check it out (work and stuff just getting in the way). Here's a link though...I do like the brown interior: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...#ht_2927wt_960

Any suggestions/thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated!

Sorry you got such a long-winded answer to what is a pretty simple question....

Quick Reply: Changes at The Mustang Source