Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

noob, but heres my childhood Mustang story

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/14, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noob, but heres my childhood Mustang story

Hello Friends, hope everyone's is doing great, I look forward to learning here , and one day _hopefully_ I too can be helpful, Im a Guitar Products maker (vintage guitar pickup maker 50s style stuff)
and have been on forums for many years, so Im extra nice while online and always stay cool and I dont ever come close to getting BANNED LOL.

my web site is Don Mare dot Com if you play Strat0casters or Telecasters you may be interested,?

heres my Mustang story's

My Vietnam Veteran Uncle "harold jones" returned home in 66, I was a small boy, he knocked on my grandmas door in dress greens, with the cop looking hat and all.. I answered the door, I was nine years old.. at the time, I opened the door saw a COP and slammed the door and locked it.. ( smart kid right?).. went and told Grandma "theres a COP AT THE DOOR" ,,
well it was my uncle coming home from the war.. oops..
a few weeks later he buys a 66 298 ci 2+2 Fastback in that killer metallic blue... many trips we made in that car.. I was small enough to fall asleep in the back while on the road, the little side window vents would draw in the air.. and whisper me to sleep.. to this day that sound of whispering air flowing in or a simple electric fans helps me sleep like a baby...
thats my Mustang story .. lol

My 2013 is a White / Black Leather convertible with V6 bought used with 20,000k miles for 23k a year or so ago, and the top was burglarized ( sliced open ) so Ive changed it to White, White car White top,, Looks great, Im considering Sarkey Fog Light grill kit soon.. but I like the Chrome ring on my stock grill.. I wish the fog light grill retained that Chrome ring?..

Cheers Don
Old 8/30/14, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marestang
Hello Friends, hope everyone's is doing great, I look forward to learning here , and one day _hopefully_ I too can be helpful, Im a Guitar Products maker (vintage guitar pickup maker 50s style stuff) and have been on forums for many years, so Im extra nice while online and always stay cool and I dont ever come close to getting BANNED LOL. my web site is Don Mare dot Com if you play Strat0casters or Telecasters you may be interested,? heres my Mustang story's My Vietnam Veteran Uncle "harold jones" returned home in 66, I was a small boy, he knocked on my grandmas door in dress greens, with the cop looking hat and all.. I answered the door, I was nine years old.. at the time, I opened the door saw a COP and slammed the door and locked it.. ( smart kid right?).. went and told Grandma "theres a COP AT THE DOOR" ,, well it was my uncle coming home from the war.. oops.. a few weeks later he buys a 66 298 ci 2+2 Fastback in that killer metallic blue... many trips we made in that car.. I was small enough to fall asleep in the back while on the road, the little side window vents would draw in the air.. and whisper me to sleep.. to this day that sound of whispering air flowing in or a simple electric fans helps me sleep like a baby... thats my Mustang story .. lol My 2013 is a White / Black Leather convertible with V6 bought used with 20,000k miles for 23k a year or so ago, and the top was burglarized ( sliced open ) so Ive changed it to White, White car White top,, Looks great, Im considering Sarkey Fog Light grill kit soon.. but I like the Chrome ring on my stock grill.. I wish the fog light grill retained that Chrome ring?.. Cheers Don
very interesting story, what happened to it? Btw your 13 sounds nice, pics of either?
Old 8/31/14, 11:41 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Welcome and nice story!
Old 8/31/14, 12:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome! And pics would be awsome!