Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Mustang Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/14, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Mustang Owner!

Hello everyone, greetings from South Jersey. I'm so glad I found this wonderful Mustang forum - I am eager to learn everything I can about my new purchase.

Well, I started out a few months ago on a quest to find a car. I had previously been driving a 2002 Hyundai Elantra my parents gave me as a graduation gift in '04, and since I recently my first post-grad school job, I figured it was a good time to take the plunge and make a new car purchase. I have never been a "car guy" and wasn't really sure what I wanted at all. I started out my search by looking at the Toyota Prius, mainly because I travel about 20 miles each way to work every day and was very interested in the 51 highway MPG the Prius had to offer. As fate would have it, though, my eye quickly turned away from fuel efficient foreign cars to the American muscle car. I spent quite a bit of time researching and test driving cars (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang), and I quickly realized that I was falling in love with the Mustang. It was so comfortable to drive, and although each of the aforementioned cars are beautiful in their own right, I thought the Mustang was the most visually appealing of the bunch as well.

So one day as I was checking out the landscape on AutoTrader, a new listing popped up from a Toyota dealership nearby. It was an immaculate 2012 V6 Premium! I went straight to the dealership after work and knew it was meant to be - the sparkling sterling gray paint, the leather interior, the 305 hp V6 - wow! Needless to say, I bought the car and have been thoroughly enjoying it!

(I need to take some better pictures of it, but I did snap a couple with my phone right after I bought it - hopefully they attached to this post correctly!)

As I said, I'm very eager to learn more about my new Mustang and cars in general, so I'm so thankful for a resource such as this. I look forward to being a part of the community here at The Mustang Source!
Attached Images   
Old 8/31/14, 06:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! Its great to have another Jersey mustang owner on TMS!
Old 8/31/14, 07:09 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Welcome, congrats on your purchase and awesome avatar!!!
Old 9/1/14, 03:44 PM

Thanks guys!!! Great to be here!
Old 9/1/14, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Congrats. Nice choice.
Old 9/4/14, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome to TMS! Looks like you got a great looking car. What are your big plans for your new Mustang? Let us know if we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions at all.

I love the name and avatar as well! Should be a great season for the Flyers.

-Dan
Old 9/4/14, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Congratulations on the New Car. You picked right LOl Great color.

It is now time to start making it yours.

Good Luck with it.
Old 9/6/14, 10:17 PM

Thank you everyone! This is my daily driver, so I started out by getting WeatherTech floor liners, which I'm extremely impressed with. And it's great to see an AmericanMuscle.com representative here on the forums, Dan - I actually just bought some things from American Muscle for the first time! New Sylvania headlight bulbs, a rubber trunk liner, and some Mustang apparel. It's been a month now since I bought my new car, and I'm simply enjoying the heck out of it so far.