Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi! I have 2 problems, do you have any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/15, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hi! I have 2 problems, do you have any advice?

I purchased my '13 Mustang last week. It is beautiful. I am hoping someone here can give me advice on 2 things I can't seem to resolve.

My VIN is unrecognized by Sirius. I am unable to get to any other radio number Sirius will accept. I tried over the weekend to connect my mobile phone and the car wouldn't even allow me to hit the telephone button. I suspect I purchased a car from the Russian Mafia? (Ha ha, hopefully kidding!) The dealership I bought it from tried to get the sat radio working the night I bought it but was unsuccessful and gave me the advice to try the Sirius website for more help. I tried the various buttons from different geographic areas. The 2 duds I was in email contact with at the dealership have quit responding to me and I feel like whatever the problem is needs to be rectified by them. Per CarFax, the car was supposedly a fleet car in its former life. Geico recognized the VIN so that was not problematic.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me! XOXO
Old 8/26/15, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
WELCOME to TMS! I could only suggest you take it to another dealership of find an owners manual. Also you might want to start this thread in the proper forum you might get a better response.
Old 8/26/15, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by missc1115
I purchased my '13 Mustang last week. It is beautiful. I am hoping someone here can give me advice on 2 things I can't seem to resolve.

My VIN is unrecognized by Sirius. I am unable to get to any other radio number Sirius will accept. I tried over the weekend to connect my mobile phone and the car wouldn't even allow me to hit the telephone button. I suspect I purchased a car from the Russian Mafia? (Ha ha, hopefully kidding!) The dealership I bought it from tried to get the sat radio working the night I bought it but was unsuccessful and gave me the advice to try the Sirius website for more help. I tried the various buttons from different geographic areas. The 2 duds I was in email contact with at the dealership have quit responding to me and I feel like whatever the problem is needs to be rectified by them. Per CarFax, the car was supposedly a fleet car in its former life. Geico recognized the VIN so that was not problematic.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me! XOXO
You should use the ESN not the VIN to get a Sirius subscription. You can display the ESN in the Settings menu. The ESN is the satellite radio receiver number and the one that Sirius uses to enable/disable your subscription.
You can get the ESN by doing this:
Just click on the Sirius button, than on the "1" button together and the ID appears.

LEXiiON