Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi from Boulder

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/15, 11:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Hi from Boulder

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum although I have posted on some gt500 forums in the past. I'm a ford addict, also a mustang addict. I currently have in the stable 4 mustangs- 2014 gt500, 2004 cobra vert, 1997 cobra, and my project car which is a 2010 mustang. My DD is a 2013 fx4 supercrew f150 ecoboost which I love as much as my mustangs, I love the ecoboost engine so much I decided to use it in my project car.

I have all the parts to do this job, low mile 2010 candy red mustang, 20k mile f150 3.5 ecoboost engine, 6 speed mt-82, looking for a 8.8 rear end. I'll be buying the control pack August 1st when they are finally available. I joined this forum to share the build experience and also hopefully get some help with a few of the more complex aspects of the project...epas being one of them. After I get it running I will start modding the engine....with a full on 4.0 stroker kit in mind one day. After all the suspension is changed I want to autocross the car, I think it will be a blast with the massive amounts of torque from the ecoboost at low rpm.

There are some really creative intelligent people posting on this forum, hopefully you guys will be interested in my project and can share with me some of your wisdom!

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Hi from Boulder-image.jpg  

Last edited by Ecostang; 7/10/15 at 11:38 PM.
Old 7/11/15, 12:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Ecostang
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum although I have posted on some gt500 forums in the past. I'm a ford addict, also a mustang addict. I currently have in the stable 4 mustangs- 2014 gt500, 2004 cobra vert, 1997 cobra, and my project car which is a 2010 mustang. My DD is a 2013 fx4 supercrew f150 ecoboost which I love as much as my mustangs, I love the ecoboost engine so much I decided to use it in my project car.

I have all the parts to do this job, low mile 2010 candy red mustang, 20k mile f150 3.5 ecoboost engine, 6 speed mt-82, looking for a 8.8 rear end. I'll be buying the control pack August 1st when they are finally available. I joined this forum to share the build experience and also hopefully get some help with a few of the more complex aspects of the project...epas being one of them. After I get it running I will start modding the engine....with a full on 4.0 stroker kit in mind one day. After all the suspension is changed I want to autocross the car, I think it will be a blast with the massive amounts of torque from the ecoboost at low rpm.

There are some really creative intelligent people posting on this forum, hopefully you guys will be interested in my project and can share with me some of your wisdom!

Stephen
Hi Stephen,
We should chat. The EPAS is pretty easy. If your control pack comes without the EPAS connection, I have built a harness for it, that I won't need. I am in Erie, so we can help each other out pretty easy. I am doing a swap on my 2010, too. PM me..
LEXiiON
Old 7/11/15, 12:08 AM
Cobra Member

2010 mustang project car

This is my project car, 8k original miles glass roof.
Attached Thumbnails Hi from Boulder-image.jpg  
Old 7/11/15, 12:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Hi Stephen,
We should chat. The EPAS is pretty easy. If your control pack comes without the EPAS connection, I have built a harness for it, that I won't need. I am in Erie, so we can help each other out pretty easy. I am doing a swap on my 2010, too. PM me..
LEXiiON
Hi Lexiion

I actually joined this forum after reading your posts, I was hoping we could chat about this project. I saw you mentioned Denver in one of your posts, I thought you were in CO. What even more interesting is that my company is in Boulder but I actually live in Frederick, 5 miles from Erie. Small world lol. I'll send you a pm tomorrow, thanks for replying!

Last edited by Ecostang; 7/11/15 at 12:17 AM.
Old 7/11/15, 05:14 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Welcome aboard Stephen. I admire you and all those members here who have the talent and knowledge to be able to do the heavy lifting on Mustangs and other vehicles. Many of us, myself included, lift with our checkbooks.

Hope to see more of your project.
Old 7/11/15, 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Welcome aboard Stephen. I admire you and all those members here who have the talent and knowledge to be able to do the heavy lifting on Mustangs and other vehicles. Many of us, myself included, lift with our checkbooks.

Hope to see more of your project.
Thanks tripleblack that's a really nice thing to say. I'm certainly not a professional mechanic mostly just A little brave and kinda crazy lol. My job is very stressful and these kinds of projects keep me from losing my mind. By your name we defintely have something in common, black is my favorite color too!