Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hello fellow stangers!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/14, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Hello fellow stangers!!

Just joined today & am introducing myself. I previously owned a 99 35th anniversary edition mustang & am now very excited to own a 2008 GT California Special edition in black. My first one was a wedding gift from my hubbie & now he bought this one for me shortly after Valentine's day this year. We got lucky & drove thru our local Ford dealer's lot just to see what Stangs they had & there sat the black GT I always wanted. It was a bonus that it turned out to be a California Special.

I had done a lot of minimal changes to it so far. I changed the plastic power outlet plug to a chrome one, changed several bulbs to LED lights, added pink seat covers, painted the calipers pink, pinstriped the "ghost" black GT/CS with pink to help it stand out better, painted the hood prop pink, cleaned the engine compartment, & now onto bigger things-got my new pypes muffler delete exhaust today! Next is a cold air intake and many other things to come.

The mustang community is a special group of people & I met several at the American Muscle show this past weekend in Mohnton, PA. And, even though my hubbie is a Chevy man, he even admitted to having a good time at the show. We met his car show hero, Chip Foose, & got several autographs, including that he drew a Mustang on my GT/CS recognition guide making it more valuable, even if only to me! He's a terrific guy & if u ever get the chance, the 3 hour wait in line to meet him was worth it!!

Will try posting pics of my car as soon as i figure it out! Hope everyone enjoys my rambling about my car. Tell me about yours anytime. Stangers stick together! Patty from New Castle, PA
Old 8/20/14, 11:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to TMS! I was at the AM show as well, I just didn't have the patience to wait in that long line to meet Foose.
Old 8/21/14, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Pink on black...humm...let see some pics.

Muffler delete exhaust! You are so bad!!!
Old 8/21/14, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 08gtcslady
Just joined today & am introducing myself. I previously owned a 99 35th anniversary edition mustang & am now very excited to own a 2008 GT California Special edition in black. My first one was a wedding gift from my hubbie & now he bought this one for me shortly after Valentine's day this year. We got lucky & drove thru our local Ford dealer's lot just to see what Stangs they had & there sat the black GT I always wanted. It was a bonus that it turned out to be a California Special.

I had done a lot of minimal changes to it so far. I changed the plastic power outlet plug to a chrome one, changed several bulbs to LED lights, added pink seat covers, painted the calipers pink, pinstriped the "ghost" black GT/CS with pink to help it stand out better, painted the hood prop pink, cleaned the engine compartment, & now onto bigger things-got my new pypes muffler delete exhaust today! Next is a cold air intake and many other things to come.

The mustang community is a special group of people & I met several at the American Muscle show this past weekend in Mohnton, PA. And, even though my hubbie is a Chevy man, he even admitted to having a good time at the show. We met his car show hero, Chip Foose, & got several autographs, including that he drew a Mustang on my GT/CS recognition guide making it more valuable, even if only to me! He's a terrific guy & if u ever get the chance, the 3 hour wait in line to meet him was worth it!!

Will try posting pics of my car as soon as i figure it out! Hope everyone enjoys my rambling about my car. Tell me about yours anytime. Stangers stick together! Patty from New Castle, PA

08gtcslady Welcome to TheMustangSource! I'm happy to hear that you guys had fun at the show this weekend! If you're ever in the area feel free to stop by for a tour! We're here M-F 10-4! Don't hesitate to let me know if there's ever anything we can help out with we're always around!

Alex
Old 8/21/14, 11:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome to TMS, looking forward to the pics...........won't be the 1st Mustang with pink accents I've seen !!
Old 8/21/14, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Welcome! Sounds like we need some pictures of all the stuff you've done so far. Sounds great!
Old 8/22/14, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

It was a 3 hour wait for us...but at least if he's there next year, we wont be in the line again
Old 8/22/14, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Some pics are up, but when i keep trying to post the new pics with the pink, it keeps giving me some security thread issue...i keep trying tho. New exhaust sounds great....thx!
Old 8/22/14, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Thx for all the welcomes!! Love the stang community-always make u feel welcome. Gonna go try posting those pics again. Everyone wish me luck!
Old 8/24/14, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Angry Pic posting problems...ggrrrr!!!

I have tried for DAYS to post pics of the updates on my car & to no avail. Emailed the administrator twice....no reply. Anyone have any other tips on posting pics from an iphone4?? I have an album set up to add them to on TMS and everytime i try, i get an upload failed msg or a security thread is missing msg...even tried taking new pics and/or adding to an existing album that already accepted pics. Can anyone help?
Old 8/25/14, 06:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats and welcome, upload your pics to imgur.com or any photo share site and put the link here.
Old 8/25/14, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

CiniZter- thx for the tip! Got the pics to download to imgur.com. Trying to post em for public viewing there & getting error msgs there now...grrr. C if u can see em if u look em up on your end. My user name on imgur is also 08gtcslady. If anyone wants to try & view em, let me know if u have any luck. The web url is http://08gtcslady.imgur.com
Old 8/26/14, 07:01 AM

No problem viewing them on your photo site. I was having a hard time picturing the pink accents and really like how it pulls out the Black on Black striping. Though that's a LOT of pink with those seat covers.
Old 8/27/14, 11:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you could directly past the link as an image here. on the right hand side you will see lot of links for the pic, from that select the link which shows for forums.

Last edited by CiniZter; 8/27/14 at 11:03 AM.
Old 8/27/14, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Thx stangers! The pink seat covers gave me the idea for the stripe & they are protecting the seats from any damage, so i am keeping them! If u ever see this car, u will definitely know its me...lol. I am glad u guys were finally able to see my car as it is now. Cold air intake is next big purchase & next smaller purchases are all LED bulbs with tints on the lights to make her a little sleeker all blacked out. Whats ur next mods? Love to hear your ideas & about ur stangs!