Northeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Advice on selling a 1970 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/16, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on selling a 1970 Mustang?

Hello all,
I have a 1970 Mach I (with a 351 Cleveland) that I am strongly considering selling, but am trying to figure out what a fair price would be and what would be the best way to go about it (I don't really want a lot of people I don't know coming to my house). I'll provide a little detail, though not too much so as to try to not bore people.

I have had this car for probably 18 years or so, and it has been either in my own garage or storage that entire time, other than being transported a few times. The previous owner had the wise idea to disassemble the engine, which I am told was running fine before that happened. I had probably 95% of the parts needed to put it back together, not counting gaskets and such. It has never been in an accident that I know of, though the hood was dented slightly on one of the moves. The body has some rust and it appears the previous owner attempted to do some body work to address some of that, but I am sure it would need redoing. This car is a major project, but I think would make a nice finished product when complete. As best I can tell, the numbers are matching and no major modifications have been made to it.

Any suggestions/direction on where to go with this? Thanks for any help,

-j