2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Will seats from a GT fir in an 05-09 V6 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will seats from a GT fir in an 05-09 V6 coupe?

Hi guys

Another goofy question for you.
I have an 07 V6 coupe. I would like to put in leather seats from a 08 GT.
1 Will they bolt in correctly?
2 I have a manual seat now and the GT drivers seat is electric. Based on a you video I saw I have what seems to be the two wiring harnesses that plug into the GT seat. Will the power seats work by just plugging into wiring hareness?

Thanks...................
Old 2/26/15, 04:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes and yes
Old 2/26/15, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
What Patrick said
Old 2/26/15, 09:16 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,583 Posts
What Glenn and Patrick said
Old 2/26/15, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Assuming your '07 has airbags all will be well with the swap. If it didn't come with them, then you might wanna remove the airbag from the '08 seats and put some foam in the vacant pockets.

Excepting that... What Rocky and Glenn and Patrick said.

Last edited by houtex; 2/26/15 at 10:36 PM.
Old 2/27/15, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wOW...that is great news thanks everybody...I do not have airbags on my 07 why should I take out airbags and fill with foam ? Can't I leave it alone?
Old 2/27/15, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You might can, but me being the paranoid android I'd be the one wondering when static is going to pop those things...

I'm taking them out. But you can do what you want, of course, I'm sure enough that they won't pop..... right?
Old 3/1/15, 02:11 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
You might can, but me being the paranoid android I'd be the one wondering when static is going to pop those things...

I'm taking them out. But you can do what you want, of course, I'm sure enough that they won't pop..... right?
ur gunna scare him haha
Old 3/11/15, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mehall
Hi guys

Another goofy question for you.
I have an 07 V6 coupe. I would like to put in leather seats from a 08 GT.
1 Will they bolt in correctly?
2 I have a manual seat now and the GT drivers seat is electric. Based on a you video I saw I have what seems to be the two wiring harnesses that plug into the GT seat. Will the power seats work by just plugging into wiring hareness?

Thanks...................
I was thinking of doing the same thing being that you cannot buy an electric passenger seat for a V6. It is a "GT" world. I am not knocking GT's I have one of those too. Wife complains that when she is in the V6 she cannot see over the dash. An electric seat would fix that problem. I told American Muscle this would be a great mod for them and that they would probably sell quite a few.
Old 3/12/15, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
I was thinking of doing the same thing being that you cannot buy an electric passenger seat for a V6. It is a "GT" world. I am not knocking GT's I have one of those too. Wife complains that when she is in the V6 she cannot see over the dash. An electric seat would fix that problem. I told American Muscle this would be a great mod for them and that they would probably sell quite a few.

I seem to recall that a power seat for the passenger side became an option for 2008+. You might want to look in to finding one in a boneyard or something.
Old 3/12/15, 11:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

They're out there.

I purchased a spare power seat rack from ebay for two reasons...

1) spare.

2) Wild idea to fix the passenger seat to have one if I wanted to (and I can do that...)

But now it's just a spare for mine, 'cause passengers don't seem to care that much when they ride in Awesome.

Edit: OOH, look what I found.. Not very expensive, honestly, I expected a much higher price...

Then one of these for the side...

And then this.

Turns any '05-09 pax seat into a power seat.

I think.. maybe... might need to supply power, 'cause I don't know if Ford put the wiring from the main harness to the passenger seats or not until '08, but that can be easily fixed, I'd say... If I'm goin' that far, I'll get it power.

And maybe the switch and the lever...

But I'm tired of lookin'. Y'all get the idea.

Last edited by houtex; 3/12/15 at 11:53 PM.
Old 3/13/15, 03:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

They're out there.

I purchased a spare power seat rack from ebay for two reasons...

1) spare.

2) Wild idea to fix the passenger seat to have one if I wanted to (and I can do that...)

But now it's just a spare for mine, 'cause passengers don't seem to care that much when they ride in Awesome.

Edit: OOH, look what I found.. Not very expensive, honestly, I expected a much higher price...

Then one of these for the side...

And then this.

Turns any '05-09 pax seat into a power seat.

I think.. maybe... might need to supply power, 'cause I don't know if Ford put the wiring from the main harness to the passenger seats or not until '08, but that can be easily fixed, I'd say... If I'm goin' that far, I'll get it power.

And maybe the switch and the lever...

But I'm tired of lookin'. Y'all get the idea.

Bah, it wants me to register. Not going through all that hassle.

Were the parts cheep? Might be a mod I'd be interested in. I know my sig says "no mods, I'm good" since my Pony is 10 years old, but something like that would make the gf happy. (and THAT's always good, right??)
Old 3/13/15, 04:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's weird. Ok. Well, no not cheap, but again, less than I expected. All for an '08, I think, is what I put in.

The first was a pax seat power seat track mechanism and was about $350. You stick that on the bottom of the seat, replacing the manual one.

The second was a link to the seat valance (that's the correct term) to replace the non-powered one that the seat would have. It was only like $70. Found that fairly cheap for what it is.

The third was a link to the wiring harness for the seat track. That was about $100.

And then I sorta stopped. As I said, you might need to get the switch and the switch handle too, dunno.

You don't need to register... but apparently you can't link to the things directly either. Odd. If you plonk in the year model and all that, you can search for 'Seat Track', 'Valence' and 'seat harness' and they should pull up.

Still, about 500 bucks or so and some elbow grease and you got the power pax seat new... I don't think that's terrible... But what do I know.

There's a couple on ebay now for the driver's side... I don't know if they'll go on the pax side or not, but if you were adventurous and knew your way around a Dremel, soldering iron, and got your own switchgear... maybe you could modify the seat.

...I might do it. If I wanted to.
Old 3/13/15, 08:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Still, about 500 bucks or so and some elbow grease and you got the power pax seat new... I don't think that's terrible... But what do I know.

There's a couple on ebay now for the driver's side... I don't know if they'll go on the pax side or not, but if you were adventurous and knew your way around a Dremel, soldering iron, and got your own switchgear... maybe you could modify the seat.

...I might do it. If I wanted to.

Gahhhh, $500... not sure if that's going to survive the cost/benefit test... LOL... and I do have/know the Dremel, soldering iron, wiring, etc!

I think you should do it, in honor of the Muskrat.
Old 3/13/15, 10:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Eh, Muskrat didn't have power seats on either side. I did hook up the power lumbars of the 88 Mustang GT seats I stuck in her. But that was just making a 12V connection happen on that.

I have other things to do for Awesome, but if I get those things done and I still have the track and haven't used it... maybe I'll do it then.
Old 3/15/15, 10:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Eh, Muskrat didn't have power seats on either side. I did hook up the power lumbars of the 88 Mustang GT seats I stuck in her. But that was just making a 12V connection happen on that.

I have other things to do for Awesome, but if I get those things done and I still have the track and haven't used it... maybe I'll do it then.

I used to have an '89 Mustang GT. Best. Seats. Ever.
Old 3/16/15, 10:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I modified some 88 GT seats, front and back, for my Muskrat. They were freakin' GREAT in the '66, I tell ya. Perfect dang seats, loved them, car was *comfy* to drive anywhere, anytime, as far as ya wanted.

So yeah, it can be done, put that passenger power seat in if y'all want!

Last edited by houtex; 3/16/15 at 10:13 AM.
Old 3/18/15, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So yeah, it can be done, put that passenger power seat in if y'all want!

Would love to... but I think I want that new Raxiom NAV unit instead... it's all about ME you know... <grinning>