2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

question on Priority codes

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/06, 11:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question on Priority codes

I have a quick question. I ordered a MY07 Mustang GT and was promised that I would be given a priority code of 10 on my order. I received the DORA and saw that the priority code was 15.

I questioned the dealer on this and was told that they can only have one car on order at a priority code of 10 at a time and they had placed an order for another MY07 Mustang about 2 weeks before mine. And that one has the priority code of 10. I'm calling BS on this - am I right? Why wouldn't they be able to have 2 cars on order at the same time with a priority code of 10???

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 6/6/06, 04:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by A-Rex
I have a quick question. I ordered a MY07 Mustang GT and was promised that I would be given a priority code of 10 on my order. I received the DORA and saw that the priority code was 15.

I questioned the dealer on this and was told that they can only have one car on order at a priority code of 10 at a time and they had placed an order for another MY07 Mustang about 2 weeks before mine. And that one has the priority code of 10. I'm calling BS on this - am I right? Why wouldn't they be able to have 2 cars on order at the same time with a priority code of 10???

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure if it's BS or not. I'm looking at a 2007 Car/Vehicle Status Report printout I got from my dealer dated 04/21/06 (from when I got my VIN) and my Mustang is the only one with a Priority Code of 10. For that matter, there are also Ford 500's, Focus', Mustangs, and Expeditions on this paper and mine is the only PR CD 10. One of the Shelby's on order is an 11, another is a 12. These are the only Retail ordered vehicles, the rest are ordered for stock and have PR CD's of 21 up to 85.
..for what it's worth.

Chip in SC
Old 6/6/06, 10:41 AM
Cobra R Member

what does the priority code mean?

my vehicle order confirmation has a priority of 10 written on it. is that good?
Old 6/6/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
what does the priority code mean?

my vehicle order confirmation has a priority of 10 written on it. is that good?
A Priority Code of 10 is about the best you can get from a dealer. From what I've been told, anything better than that (1-9) has to be assigned by someone higher up the food chain.

Chip in SC
Old 6/6/06, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A priority code is a number from 10 to 99 assigned to a vehicle by the dealership. It tells Ford which order they wanted pulled first, second third, etc. 10 being the best and 99 means don't pull the order at all. Yes, 1-9 can only be assigned by Ford. I've never seen a 2-8. Anytime Ford bumped up my orders it was always a 1.

Yes, more than one car can have the same priority code. The problem is if two cars have the same code that means the dealer is leaving it up to Ford which one they pull first.

No, it doesn't matter what any other model of car (500, Focus, F150) has compared to your Mustang. You should only be concerned with what code other Mustang GT's (not V6's) at your dealership have.

Rex,
If it was your salesman that promised you a 10, he was trying to make you happy and close the deal. A salesman will say ANYTHING to close a deal. I know because I work with some. In some places they are actually taught these tactics. Like never say No to a customer.
If he really wants to be your "buddy", like most salesman do, ask to see the most current Daily Status Report. Most dealers get it daily, but they have the option of only getting it weekly. It will show all the orders they currently have on file with Ford. (The terminology is "in the order bank") This report also shows the priority codes of each order. Assuming there aren't any other Mustang GT orders with a code higher than 15, (other than that 10 you mentioned) that's not too bad. Try to find out EXACTLY how many Mustang GT's they are allocated to receive each week and you can estimate when your order will get pulled. A good salesman can tell you EXACTLY what week your order will get pulled AND what week it will get built before he even places the order.

Wow. That was long! Sorry. I'd be glad to try to answer any other questions. I order trucks from Ford every day so I have a little bit of knowledge on the ordering process.
Old 6/6/06, 08:40 PM
GT Member

Man...my priority code says "40". Hopefully I get my stang by Christmas
Old 6/7/06, 08:40 AM

Sounds like there are a lot of stock orders in front of you. I'd ask the dealer to bump it up. Unless it's a big dealer with a LOT of allocation.
Old 6/12/06, 08:47 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
heres a thread with detailed ordering info pasted in- long read, but it pretty much explains everything...
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showtopic=51
Old 6/14/06, 04:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My VOC from the day I ordered says 80, but then I ordered in April and told them then I wanted to pick it up first week of September. I'll check again next week to see if they have the DORA in, and what priority I am now. Getting closer to the time it should be getting built, so I can pick it up right on time.
Old 6/14/06, 06:28 PM

They'll just wait untill the end of July/beginning of August and they'll go in and change your priority... assuming they don't forget about you.
Old 6/15/06, 09:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't worry StangNut, I won't let them forget. I dont' know if that'll be enough time though, that'd only give them 4 weeks to get it to my pickup point. Last year I ordered in March, got a priority 10 right away, and it took 7 weeks to get to the dealer. I'll be pushing them to raise my priority at the end of this month to make sure it gets there in time. I'd rather it sat on the dealers lot for 2 weeks than to have to re-schedule vacation to pick it up.
Old 6/17/06, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I'm super well liked, my DORA has a Priority Code to 01.

Well, also the person i'm ordering my Mustang from is pretty high up in the food chain for this region.
Old 6/17/06, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
I guess I'm super well liked, my DORA has a Priority Code to 01.

Well, also the person i'm ordering my Mustang from is pretty high up in the food chain for this region.
Sounds like an abuse to me. They usually reserve the lower than 10 priorities for emergencies such as 'your new pony get bucked off the car carrier on the way to the dealer'
Old 6/17/06, 08:01 PM

I have to disagree. I've had several trucks get bumped to 1's and there was nothing special about them other than they needed to be pulled before any of my others.