Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 Mustang
S197 Discussion & News

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 3/13/08, 3:45 PM   #1

Power window problems need help

I'm having problems with my 2005 GT. The automatic power window function isn't working right. I can use the automatic function (one touch to open and close the window) to open the window but not to close it. I can close it manually (keeping the switch pressed) but the window didn't work properly when I open and close the door. This is only happening on the driver side, the passenger side works OK. I tried to find the problem with the wiring diagram but no luck what so ever.

If someone have any idea that could help me, please, please, let me know.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/13/08, 4:25 PM   #2
Bullitt Member

There is a power window re-initialization procedure in the owners manual (takes all of 15 seconds to perform)... or follow this one posted earlier: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...1&postcount=10

hope that solves your issue.
DoctorQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/13/08, 8:24 PM   #3
Mach 1 Member

John

'06 GT Coupe / '72 Mach 1
Garage
Had the exact same problem...just recalibrate as described in the manual...all will be good!

Mods: Painted Blackout Hood w/ pinstripe; Silverhorse Honeycomb Panel, Sequentials, Rear Billet Medallion; Cervini "B2" Pedestal Wing; Vintage Emblems, "Mach 1" rocker stripe; MGW billet Stereo Knob and "Mach 1" Power Outlet Plug; Tint; MAC Axle-back Exhaust; CDC Hood Struts, Billet Shifter covers, bullet locks, temp *****; C&L Racer CAI and Bamachips Tune, Midwest Auto Gear Radiator cover extensons, shock tower covers,mirror covers, 275/40/18, Chrome DD Bullitts 18x9; G2 Caliper Paint; Aluminum Louvers; Ultimate Pedals and other stuff...
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Yellow with Black Trim / Black Interior
275/60/15 rear 245/60/15 front; Magnum 500s; 351C w/4bbl; Long Tube Headers;JVC Arsenal Stereo w/12" Sub; Complete Damplifier & Spectra coated from Firewall to rear bumper.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/13/08, 10:13 PM   #4

Thanks, the recalibration worked nicely. The power window is now working perfectly.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/14/08, 9:15 AM   #5
I don't give a ****.
TMS Staff

You will find that the problem will come back every now and then, just keep doing the same procedure. My passenger window does that about every 2 weeks. Basically this is the reason Ford stopped including the feature after the 2005 model.
adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/14/08, 12:03 PM   #6
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
You will find that the problem will come back every now and then, just keep doing the same procedure. My passenger window does that about every 2 weeks. Basically this is the reason Ford stopped including the feature after the 2005 model.
I have a 2007 with the auto up and down.. What didn't they include?
highvolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/14/08, 4:46 PM   #7
Team Mustang Source

Steve

'06 Mustang GT
Send a message via MSN to theedge67
Don't you love when you search so hard for an answer to a problem....only to find the answer in the owners manual? Everyone should read their owners manual cover to cover. Everyone.
JLT II Cold Air Intake, Amsoil Synthetic Air Filter, Tillman Speed Tunes, Bassani SS Axle Backs, Bassani X-Pipe w/cats, Ford Intake Plenum Cover, Blue "MUSTANG" door sill inserts, MGW Eject Button, J&M Lower Control Arms, Mileage Warranty Delete

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"
theedge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 5:57 AM   #8
GT Member

my 06 has it as well. has malfunctioned once. the rpair worked flawlessly
Performance mods: JBA L/T's, JBA catted h-pipe, SLP LM's, 4.30's,spydershaft, JLT cai, Predator tune by Bama, MGW shifter, Steeda ultra-lite springs, Tokico D-specs w/remotes, Steeda stb, Prothane motor mounts, BMR d/s safety loop,Steeda UDP's
Exterior mods: Cervinis hood, Cervinis upper and lower scoops, CDC classic, OEM GT500 spoiler, Blingz Shost GT 20's wrapped in Nitto's, Shelby Hoodpins, Tinted 35%, Sequentail tail lights
Interior mods: MGW ebrake handle, MGW A/C *****, MGW cup holder bezel, GT500 pedals w matching dead pedal, Black w/ grey "GT" embroidered logo floormats
Audio mods: AVIC-D3 w/ navagation, Ipod, Sirius and back-up camera
MUSTANGLOVER73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 6:05 AM   #9
Team Mustang Source

Shane

02 GT Vert / 12 MCA Edition
I think what Adrenalin is refering to is the Global Window Feature. This is where you could raise or lower your windows using the Key or Fob. The early 05s had this feature, but Ford had issues with it malfunctioning and lowering the windows by itself. The stopped enabling it in Jan 05 and completely removeed the feature by April. Some have had luck getting it working again if their car was built before April, but if it was built after that you don't have some of the wiring or hardware required.

2012 MCA Edition
CI(Grabber Blue) Black Leather

Given to My Niece on her 15th B-day 2006 Mustang Coupe
T8(Tungsten Gray) Red Leather interior
bee bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 8:11 AM   #10
Mach 1 Member

John

'06 GT Coupe / '72 Mach 1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedge67 View Post
Don't you love when you search so hard for an answer to a problem....only to find the answer in the owners manual? Everyone should read their owners manual cover to cover. Everyone.
IMO there should be two or the manual should be divided into two parts... One for those that have never owned a Ford Product or perhaps never owned a vehicle, and those that HAVE read an owners manual at some point before. I believe the important thing is to have it in the vehichle with you and should a problem arise, be able to refer to it. When the answer is lost in the text, then go to our forum and post...this method has worked flawless for me...
Mods: Painted Blackout Hood w/ pinstripe; Silverhorse Honeycomb Panel, Sequentials, Rear Billet Medallion; Cervini "B2" Pedestal Wing; Vintage Emblems, "Mach 1" rocker stripe; MGW billet Stereo Knob and "Mach 1" Power Outlet Plug; Tint; MAC Axle-back Exhaust; CDC Hood Struts, Billet Shifter covers, bullet locks, temp *****; C&L Racer CAI and Bamachips Tune, Midwest Auto Gear Radiator cover extensons, shock tower covers,mirror covers, 275/40/18, Chrome DD Bullitts 18x9; G2 Caliper Paint; Aluminum Louvers; Ultimate Pedals and other stuff...
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Yellow with Black Trim / Black Interior
275/60/15 rear 245/60/15 front; Magnum 500s; 351C w/4bbl; Long Tube Headers;JVC Arsenal Stereo w/12" Sub; Complete Damplifier & Spectra coated from Firewall to rear bumper.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 8:18 AM   #11
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee bop View Post
I think what Adrenalin is refering to is the Global Window Feature. This is where you could raise or lower your windows using the Key or Fob. The early 05s had this feature, but Ford had issues with it malfunctioning and lowering the windows by itself. The stopped enabling it in Jan 05 and completely removeed the feature by April. Some have had luck getting it working again if their car was built before April, but if it was built after that you don't have some of the wiring or hardware required.
got ya!
highvolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 1:45 PM   #12
Shelby GT350 Member

i have the global window feature on mine, and i love it!

i can have the windows down before i get to the car when its hot out... yea!!!
1965 Fastback 2+2, white with blue stripes, cragar keystone classics, white on black pony interior, 289 with classic Tri Y headers, flowmaster 40's, flamethrower coil, pointless ignition, holly 600cfm carb

SOLD---2005 GT Coupe, Torch red, Hurst shifter, CDC shaker scoop, CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler, Shortie Antenna, JLT II CAI with SCT Xcal and Brenspeed tunes, BBK Longtubes, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes Mid Mufflers, Carroll Shelby signed dash plaque, shaker 1000 audio, dark charcoal interior w leather, engine start button.
n8rfastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3/15/08, 1:45 PM