2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

outdoor cover recommendations

Old 11/22/14, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outdoor cover recommendations

I unfortunately have to park my car outdoors, live in the north east and need a cover that can protect against snow, ice, stuff dropping from trees, my wife and children opening our other cars doors.

can anyone give me a recommendation for a cover that can handle all of the above?

thanks
Old 11/29/14, 01:01 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in PA and have to unfortunately keep mine outdoors also.. I bought a covercraft deluxe custom fit cover for mine, works awesome! It keeps the car dry in rain and so far in snow too. I'm very satisfied with it, I got it through American Muscle. They have it on sale now for $151.99.
Old 12/7/14, 12:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
my 06 sits out all winter, too many cars in the other garages... anyway, i would suggest no cover, just keep it clean of tree crap and wax it.
I covered my 69 outside one winter when I had the body off our 65 galaxie, as the mustang didnt have a motor in it at the time, i covered it to prevent any stupid code violations... the cover beat the paint to death- wind makes it rub slightly, really tore up the paint. have aways had too many cars- i left two sitting in works parking lot over winter for 3 winters, never ever had any issues. only problems ive had on the 06 sitting out at home have been mice getting into the airbox, and pine needles clogging drains... keep the car free of leaves and tree crap in the fall, wax it, dont worry about it.
I keep two cars covered in one garage as we have a third in there tore apart, and machines/whatnot... keep them covered to keep dust off. the wife keeps her mustang in her garage uncovered, but we dont use that one as a workshop, so dust isnt a worry. after what happened to my 69 i will never cover another car outside for any length of time... water/snow dont hurt them, crap clogging drains, yes, mice-yes, wind whipped covers-yes, salt-YES... Ive kept the 06 unsalted, and wipe down the undercarriage at every oilchange with oily rags, its still like brand new underneath save for a couple scratches on a plastic rocker cover from running over something...only paint issue was from my son hitting it with a snow shovel(!!!) and a couple stone chips from the 6000 mile trip out west, otherwise it still waxes up like new...and it sits out all year- unless we get thunderstorm/hail warnings, then i'll squeeze it in somewhere) just my two cents
Old 12/7/14, 10:37 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I would agree about not covering it for extended periods if you are storing it outdoors. dust and stuff will get under the cover no matter what. Over time, the wind will cause those particulates to scratch.