2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

O/D Light Flashing

Old 2/12/07, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O/D Light Flashing

On my way to work this morning the O/D light start flashing and the shifts became odd. At the next light i turn off the iginition and restarted the car and it was gone, and shifting was normal again. Anyone have this happen or know why? I hope my trans isn't about to take a **** on me, I just added Zex nitrous kit, and havent even used it yet, getting tuned tomorrow. It would be a ***** if i have to take all that off to go in to the dealer, cause even though i havent used it I know they will blame everyting on it if something is wrong.
Old 2/12/07, 10:05 AM

If it is an Auto, on the side of the shift lever is a button that turns off the O/D for city driving (light to light), I hit it by mistake when I first got my 05 and just read the owners manual.
Old 2/12/07, 10:42 AM

I know about the button. My O/D light was actually flashing on and off pushing the button wouldn't do anything. Ive searched this and other forums and on one ocation the person said the dealer jsut reset the comp and it was fine the other never said what caused it. I just took the car for a drive everyhting seems fine now, i rode it hard for a couple accels and everything is normal so far.
Old 2/12/07, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got this off another Ford Forum.. for what it's worth:
A. The flashing OD light indicates there is a problem in the transmission control system. When the Transmission Control Unit detects a malfunction it will flash the OD light and store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. You will need to have a Ford Dealer pull the codes and determine exactly what is wrong.
I wish I could be more specific, but there are about 120 different reasons for the flashing OD light.
Old 2/12/07, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by POWERS
On my way to work this morning the O/D light start flashing and the shifts became odd. At the next light i turn off the iginition and restarted the car and it was gone, and shifting was normal again. Anyone have this happen or know why? I hope my trans isn't about to take a **** on me, I just added Zex nitrous kit, and havent even used it yet, getting tuned tomorrow. It would be a ***** if i have to take all that off to go in to the dealer, cause even though i havent used it I know they will blame everyting on it if something is wrong.
If it happens again, I would definitely get it into a Ford service Center. You might call some other Ford service centers, to see if you can find someone thats sympathetic to your juice situation ! It might save yanking the juice! to get checked out!.......Good Luck !
Old 2/12/07, 12:08 PM

I have an xcal tuner and I checked for a dtc but there were none. Im hoping it was just a glitch. If there is a tranny issue im sure I will find out tomorrow when i get it tuned for the juice. Could mean time to upgrade the tranny sooner than planned.
Old 3/24/12, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by DoctorQ
Got this off another Ford Forum.. for what it's worth:
A. The flashing OD light indicates there is a problem in the transmission control system. When the Transmission Control Unit detects a malfunction it will flash the OD light and store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. You will need to have a Ford Dealer pull the codes and determine exactly what is wrong.
I wish I could be more specific, but there are about 120 different reasons for the flashing OD light.
Hi peaple, same problem today, my predator reports 2 errors
P0740 and P0743,know the likely solution to this problem or what to check, thanks
Old 3/27/12, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by niko68
Hi peaple, same problem today, my predator reports 2 errors
P0740 and P0743,know the likely solution to this problem or what to check, thanks
PLease help me .....
Old 3/28/12, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

The SCT can't read or see all trans codes. I had a transmission repair shop read mine and clear it. I was sure it was tune related and had the tuner correct it
Old 3/28/12, 02:44 PM

Ok Zipper, I managed to read these codes with my predator and reset the error but after a short time back ..... the change seems to work fine, no problems in acceleration, deceleration only delays the climbing gear and off the stop the car if I put the gear in neutral, it seems that the clutch does not disengage .... only in D, 3, 2​​, 1, this problem does not exist in R!! sorry for my english people ;-)
Old 3/29/12, 11:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
PLease help me .....
I recommend you have your vehicle diagnosed at your Ford dealer, niko68. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
Old 3/29/12, 04:02 PM

hello Deysha , This is a big problem, the car is in Italy and we have centers equipped with ford tester for these cars!
Old 4/2/12, 09:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
hello Deysha , This is a big problem, the car is in Italy and we have centers equipped with ford tester for these cars!
Hey niko68,

Please contact our Ford of Italy Customer Relationship Center at +39 06 91806 900 for further assistance. Let me know if you still need me afterwards.

Deysha
Old 5/22/20, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey niko68,

Please contact our Ford of Italy Customer Relationship Center at +39 06 91806 900 for further assistance. Let me know if you still need me afterwards.

Deysha
Can you give me a contact info for a Ford dealer in Iraq

Old 6/17/21, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by POWERS
flashing light means the control sylinoid is faulty. It controls fuel flow air ratios etc. replace it inside the transmission case four bolts hold it in there. Be careful because it’s a computer. Will need to drain tranny fluid and refill after replacement. I just had the same issue with my 2008 GT and that is the recommendation from O’Reilly’s auto part it’s a $300 part. If that goes completely out the car will not move