2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No Air Coming Out of A/C Vents

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/15, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Air Coming Out of A/C Vents

I have a 2009 Mustang GT. My A/C system started clicking like a parking meter. While irritating, the system still worked, so I just put up with it. Now no air is coming from the A/C vents, only the heater (feet) and defrost. So I ordered the diverter door controller for the heater/air vents, had it installed and the clicking went away, but no air is coming from the air vents still. I found a solution where I pulled the #10 & #12 fuse and re-initialized the Climate Control System. Still did not work. I know there are 3 controllers in this thing, is it possible that more than one has failed? What is the most likely cause of my problem? The shop did say that the controller that was replaced was definitely broken, it just did not fix the problem of no air out the vents.
Old 8/20/15, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
If everything is running and you're not getting cold air it is one of the other 3 blend door motors. i think there is a total of 4 of them. I just got one because when you turn the temp all the way to cold it clicks. Haven't replaced it yet but I remember having to figure out which one it is. So maybe you got the wrong one or left something unhooked during the install.
Old 8/21/15, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the problem. I told the shop to replace the one on the upper left side. That is the controller that operates the heater/vents door and allows the air to come out the vents. It just so happens that the defrost controller is the same component right down to the part number. It turns out that the defrost controller was the one clicking like a parking meter. So, that is the one the shop replaced, not the one I asked to be replaced. As it turns out, both were bad! So after I had the other one replaced (the one I asked for in the first place), the system operates correctly now. So I wasn't as mistaken as I thought I was.

I found that if you go to FordParts.com, they have some pretty good illustrations that can point out the location of the controllers. That is how I figured out which one was bad in the first place.