2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Addition the Stable (PICS Inside)

Old 5/26/10, 01:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Addition the Stable (PICS Inside)

Hey everyone! I have been browsing through this site for quite sometime but have never posted pictures of the cars of the house. So I figured now that we have added another Mustang to the stable, the 97 Cobra, I would post pictures of all of the cars!
Attached Thumbnails New Addition the Stable (PICS Inside)-new-004.jpg   New Addition the Stable (PICS Inside)-new-006.jpg   New Addition the Stable (PICS Inside)-stang-1.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by lutador83; 5/26/10 at 02:31 PM.
Old 5/26/10, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice cars!!!
Old 5/26/10, 09:53 PM

Nice looking cars you got there...a pic of them lined up would look cool!
Old 5/27/10, 12:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Nice little stable!
Old 5/27/10, 05:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Nice !
Old 5/27/10, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow where do you park all of them in a townhouse garage? I like the idea of having each one from a different generation!
Old 5/27/10, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Wow where do you park all of them in a townhouse garage? I like the idea of having each one from a different generation!
Unfortunately only two stay at my house. The Cobra usually stays inside, the CS outside, and the v6 is used constantly by my brother and I to daily drive. Yeah, sometimes soon I'm going to line up all three and take some shots.

I almost sold the V6 when I got my CS two years ago, but I couldn't hand over the keys as that was my first car and it has so much history. It definitely isn't the fastest thing but it has a special value beyond speed or money so 10 years after being daily driven, it's still running around hehe.
Old 5/28/10, 04:54 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by lutador83
Unfortunately only two stay at my house. The Cobra usually stays inside, the CS outside, and the v6 is used constantly by my brother and I to daily drive. Yeah, sometimes soon I'm going to line up all three and take some shots.

I almost sold the V6 when I got my CS two years ago, but I couldn't hand over the keys as that was my first car and it has so much history. It definitely isn't the fastest thing but it has a special value beyond speed or money so 10 years after being daily driven, it's still running around hehe.
I'm the same way...old cars are like old pets or something. currently have 8 cars here, a couple probably should be given up on, but...

anyway, nice assortment of Fords you got there

Last edited by ford4v429; 5/28/10 at 04:56 AM.
Old 5/28/10, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I'm the same way...old cars are like old pets or something. currently have 8 cars here, a couple probably should be given up on, but...

anyway, nice assortment of Fords you got there
You can't say that and not list the toys in your garage haha. What are some of the toys in there?

But yes, it's hard to give up old cars, especially when you have an emotional value to it. The v6 is showing its age so I'm sure soon it'll be time for an engine rebuild and it will be at that point that I will have to make another decision as to whether it stays or it goes. Guess it will depend on the cost.
Old 5/28/10, 09:54 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
great collection there...
Old 5/28/10, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

...but I couldn't hand over the keys as that was my first car and it has so much history. It definitely isn't the fastest thing but it has a special value beyond speed or money so 10 years after being daily driven, it's still running around hehe.
That's exactly how I feel about my '99 V6. It was my first car and has traveled the US with me. From Michigan to Boston, California, Arizona, Texas and everywhere in between. It's still going strong at 165K miles and is still my DD in the winter. As you mention, it's starting to show it's age, but I just cannot part with it. I've even thought how cool it would be to pass on to a son or daughter if I ever have kids. They are just such awesome cars, new and old versions.
Old 5/28/10, 04:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
You can't say that and not list the toys in your garage haha. What are some of the toys in there?

But yes, it's hard to give up old cars, especially when you have an emotional value to it. The v6 is showing its age so I'm sure soon it'll be time for an engine rebuild and it will be at that point that I will have to make another decision as to whether it stays or it goes. Guess it will depend on the cost.
69,06,07,09 mustangs- the 69s been in pieces since 1984- if I live long enough, still hope to put that 429 in one day

65 galaxie- friend/neighbor gave it to me, its a long story...pics here: http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/gal...ong-story.html
I kept a 'diary' of that project- its a long thread, will take a while to load...
(btw- FM is a pretty cool ford site- check it out sometime)

89 mark VII, got it in the midst of a divorce, kept it...met my new wife, we took it on our honeymoon, its rough now, but just cant part with it...147k, still runs like a top- will probably be a kids car in a couple years, my oldest is 14...will need a throttle stop

98 windstar- took us all over this country, with three car seats for a while too it never missed a beat...salts getting to it, kinda getting ugly...welded some tin where the rockers were rotting out, still runs great, probably another kids car in a couple years- winter beater for me for now

and one lone chevy- the wifes 07 avalanche- yeah its a chevy, but I gotta say its been a really great vehicle...I think the GM has better towing 'feel' that the ford 5.4, seems to pull trailer effortlessly...we got 23 mpg over a 4000 mile trip 2 yrs ago too- really impressive...my brotherin laws f150 struggled to get 17, and felt like it didnt have as much torque.

that and about a million projects unfinished...the 'plan' (use the term loosely) is to get the 69 up on the unfinished rotisserie and get all the rot fixedstarting this year...but I'm not even trying to make any solid plans, as every time I have over the last 26 years one disaster or another came up...its just a car, theres more important stuff...it will happen someday.

My 12 yr old (who survived three open heart surgeries as a infant, and beat a 'uniformly fatal in infancy' lung disease- by the way today he WON the 200 yard dash at school, and came in third in the 100) said 'lets rebuild that bigblock, and get started on that mustang'- music to my ears... his mom who is now a ten year cancer survivor, but needed a double bypass/pacemaker at 36 from the radiation even said I should get after it...we have a few other boys in the mix too- 2/10/14 yrs old... the older three are old enough to help now, and keep little bro out of trouble

Last edited by ford4v429; 5/28/10 at 04:46 PM.