Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 Mustang
S197 Discussion & News

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 4/9/08, 06:34 PM   #1
V6 Member

How to Remove the Wipers? New Cowl

Hey guys,
I have a question. I just got a new cowl from 05stangKC. My factory original was faded and so I ordered a replacement from KC. Well anyway in order to replace the drivers side it seems as if I need to remove the wipers. I removed the rubber boot at the base of the wipers and exposed a 13mm nut. I removed the nut and the wipers are still on there FIRM. I dont want to mar the wiper so I am trying to be gently. I put a small piece of wood under the wiper and tapped on the motor bolt with a hammer and still cant get it loose. So my question is first how to remove the wipers without marring the crap outta them and second has anyone replaced this cowl piece? Is there another way?
Thanks as always!
Irish
Irish1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/9/08, 08:08 PM   #2
Bullitt Member

I looked at the procedure in the shop manual and all it says is to remove the caps that are on top of the nuts, and then remove the nuts. It doesn't say anything else so I'd think you could just pull them off. Maybe you could get a bit more leverage by cycling the wipers to mid position on the windshield? Or maybe tapping the arms or the bolt with a rubber mallet would help? If all else fails, you could try some penetrating oil to try and dislodge them. Good luck with it.....
Summer Ride: Mustang #4 in row, ordered 4/1/06, delivered 6/27/06: '07 GT Vert Premium, Torch Red/Dk Charcoal/Black Cloth Top, 5 speed, 3.55 axle, 18" Polished Bullits, IUP Satin, Active Anti-Theft, Side Air Bags, Wheel Locks, GT Appearance Pkg, Premier Trim, and Heated Seats.

Winter Ride: '06 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4x4, Billet Silver, Gray Cloth, Running Boards, Slash Guards, Roof Rack, Fog Lights, Hood Deflector

Former Stangs:
2002 Mustang GT Premium, 5 speed, Laser Red/Parchment (sold 6/20/06!) | 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 5 speed, Yellow (Feb '87 - Oct '91) | 1992 Mustang GT 5 speed, Bright Red (Oct '91 - Aug '02) | 2002 Mustang GT 5 speed Laser Red (Aug '02 - present)
2004 Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving Graduate
Bob99b5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/9/08, 08:30 PM   #3
V6 Member

Thanks Bob!!!
I appreciate you consulting the shop manual!
Irish1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/10/08, 08:07 AM   #4
Mach 1 Member

Steve

I had the same problem when I had to remove the wipers so I could get my new windshield installed. After searching for procedures on here and other forums, as well as Fords useless procedures, I finally found some instructions on the CDC website in the how to section for installing their washer relocation system. If you follow those instructions make sure you use a rubber or wood mallet to do the smacking on the nuts. I had neither and used a regular hammer. Needless to say I had to buy new nuts for the wiper arms from Ford at almost $5.00 a piece!! Good luck!

Pioneer F-700BT Nav w/XM, Bluetooth, FR 18" Polished Fanblades, SHR HoneyComb Taillight Panel, NR White Faced Gauges, MAG Painted Mirror Inserts, FlowMaster AT A-backs, and Gentex Auto Dim/Comp/Temp Mirror.
Webelectric Products: Seq. Turn Signals, Daytime Running Lights, Auto Up/Down Rear Windows, One-Touch Turn Signals, Pony Corral Insert, and One-Touch Top.
2k5GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/10/08, 08:11 AM   #5
9 is not my lucky number.

Send a message via AIM to dustindu4
looks easy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiper_Pivot_Arm.pdf (20.0 KB, 325 views)
Old 4/11/08, 02:04 PM   #6
Bullitt Member

Here is the CDC instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 05-06_Mustang_squirter_relocation_kit%20TS.pdf (479.3 KB, 340 views)

Performance Mod?s

Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
JLT II CAI, X-Cal2 w/tune from Justin @ VMP Tuning
Pypes Violator Straight-Thru AXLE-BACK Stainless Mufflers
Appearance Mod?s
GT500 Front Fascia and rear wing
, Truefiber KR "Venom" Hood

See my car here http://www.dreamlandreplicas.com/GO_Vert.html
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/11/08, 02:04 PM