Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 Mustang
S197 Discussion & News

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12/16/08, 6:38 PM   #1

Front end noise

I recently brought my 07 GT to the dealer to have the TSB performed on the front strut mount replacement because my car was exhibiting noises on bumpy roads. Kinda sounds like something is loose. Well after the replacements went in the noise is still there. Is anyone else having this problem or is your front end quiet?
ptaylor_9849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/08, 6:34 AM   #2
Cobra Member

Doug

07 GT Convertible
Garage
It might help to include any mods you might have installed, especially with the front suspension.
E-force 455RWHP/433RWTQ, Foose hood, CDC convertible bar & windscreen, Saleen Heritage rear bumper, CDC billet grills, Bullitt dash & steering wheel, GTAs, Bullitt suspension, TCI shifter, PI converter, SHR billet interior, PH Driveshaft, GT500 pumps, Afco HE, GT500 Brembos
Doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/08, 7:12 AM   #3

I have not done ANYTHING to the suspension other than this service bulletin which didn't work. http://www.stangnet.com/images/stori...s/07-18-02.pdf

Last edited by ptaylor_9849; 12/17/08 at 7:21 AM.
ptaylor_9849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/08, 7:12 PM   #4
Bullitt Member

2010 GB GT Premium
Garage
Mine always makes a rattling noise from the front, like something is loose, when going over the washboards going onto base. (I don't know what they're called but they're the grated bumps that make alot of noise when going over them) I have never worried about it since that is the only time it does it and they are pretty rough no matter how slow you go. Other than that it is quiet. I did have a squeeking/squaking noise from the front several months ago and it turned out to be bad struts from the factory but nothing ever sounded loose with that.
Mods: FRPP 1.5" springs, FRPP dampers, 20x9/20x10 Shelby CS69 wheels, slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, 255/35-285/30 Nitto tires, FRPP Stinger exhaust, FRPP shaker intake, Roush facia, Roush front/side splitters, Roush grill, custom hood stripes, tail panel blackout, GT500 spoiler, GT500 diffuser, tinted side marker/tail lights, Grabber Pony shift **** and air bag decals, interior welting, Scott Drake engine caps and battery hold down, strut tower covers.

Previous Stangs: 95 Laser Red GTS, 08 Vista Blue GT/CS
ksguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/08, 7:12 PM