1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Please help with 2000 GT V8

Old 10/21/16, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with 2000 GT V8

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum. I just purchased my first mustang a couple of days ago. Its a 2000 GT 4.6L. Its got 99,000 miles
H&R red lowering springs
Bilstein shocks
Cobra Brake package
Borla stinger cat back exhaust
10th anniversary cobra rims
K&N Cold air intake Mach 1 grill delete
2000 svt cobra front bumper
Mach 1 chin spoiler.

It apparently just got the automatic transmission rebuilt. However, every once in a while when i go to drive it, the car wants to stay in first gear. The problem goes away once i put it into park, then back in drive again. Does anyone have any insight on what this might be. I also noticed it was leaking a tiny bit of transmission fluid only when it sits overnight. I went ahead and took a look under there and noticed it is leaking from the corner of the transmission fluid pan. Im hoping this is only a bad seal or gasket. The low trans fluid light is on but the fluid levels are full. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. i can post pictures if needed. thank you in advance
Old 10/22/16, 08:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride. I would check to make sure all wires are connected well on the trans for the level sensor. If they are all good then I would guess the sensor needs to be replaced. If yoiu change the trans pan gasket be sure to use a tq wrench when tightening up the bolts back up. Also check the pan with a straight edge to make sure all the flanges are not bent.

Search this Thread