1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

New struts...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/16, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New struts...HELP

Hello everyone
I have a 03 GT convertible. Both front struts are done! I am looking to replace both struts. My question is what does anyone suggest in new struts. I use the car as a cruiser with my wife and daughter and work occasionally. Looking for a good strut that will ride good. Looks like I am going to get the 18x9 chrome bullits this year and want to do this right. With the new wheels in near future not sure if I will want to drop her a bit. See fox struts as well on lowered new edges as they are shorter work good? Any suggestions for stock height would be appreciated. KYB AGX Adjustables?

Already thanks to anyone who can help.
Jeff
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (9/17/16)
Old 9/14/16, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been looking at the Koni orange for my '01 vert. Following
Old 9/14/16, 07:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Koni states they have a lifetime warranty. That does not make them any better than the next guy IMO. You can get some decent daily driver struts from autozone or sears. My front Koni struts are shot after 6 years or so.
With autozone life time warranty you take your bad strut off and take it to your local autozone for a replacement. With Koni you either pay half price for the struts and they send you replacements. Then you send the bad units to koni on your dime....... or take your struts off send them in and wait for the replacement to come.
.................................................. .............................................
HOW TO OBTAIN KONI WARRANTY
(You Must Have Authorization Prior To Returning Products) Koni Warranty covers factory defects to the original retail
purchaser of the dampers purchased after May 1, 1980 and suspension kits purchased after 1995. It does not cover worn
bushings, shocks installed on a modified chassis or springs sold with kits. Warranty is not transferable. All replacements
are new dampers from stock unless notified as such. Forward below documents to receive a Return Goods Authorization
(RGA) number:
• Copy of proof of purchase (dated after May, 1980)
• Current vehicle registration.
• Completed copy of warranty request form at https://www.koni.us/secured/warrantyrequest.cfm
The Mustang SVO is the only vehicle with lifetime warranty to the original owner, proof of vehicle purchase is required in
addition to current vehicle registration.
At your discretion you can either send your units in for evaluation and have them replaced or request replacements in advance
at half of listed “Retail Price” (as found on www.koni-na.com). If replacements are made in advance KONI will
charge your credit card prior to shipment and refund the purchase price after the units have been accepted as a warranty.
If the units are not accepted as a warranty the returned product will be returned to you and the charges will remain on your
credit card.
Please fill out form and fax your documents to:
Warranty Fax: (859) 334-3340 Please include warranty request form.
Please call Warranty/Customer Service Representative if you have any other questions or concerns.
The telephone number is (859) 586-4100 Option #6