Search this Thread

Old 5/2/15, 06:33 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Good idea!
Old 5/3/15, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Not picturing in my head some of what your saying, but excited to see more renders, and jealous that you are able to pull your "hobby"into school work. :-)

Also fun to see you posting more again.
Old 5/18/15, 06:06 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well the car is stuck in drive. a few days ago my bullitt had some sort of suspension failure I haven't discovered yet (flike three days before my final).

night before my final, I get home and park the II... or so I thought. turns out the car is just stuck in drive. after a quick look today, moving the shifter inside doesn;t seem to move the linkage (viewed through engine bay)

I think the cable may have disconnected or snapped. problem is its at the end of the driveway and I am kind of at a loss of what to do other than call a tow truck and let a shop do it. I really don't want to go that route as I'm pretty broke after my clay model decimated my funds lol.

researching how the linkage works now as I pretty much know nothing when it comes to transmissions. how hard is it to manually engage other gears like P, R, N? I think if I could get it into reverse or neutral I could at least slowly move the car to a space where I could actually work on it. as it stands the car is blocking two other spaces which is sure to become a problem sooner or later.

time to try and pawn off some other parts I have layin around in the meantime.
Old 5/18/15, 09:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Name:  c4.jpg
Views: 8432
Size:  66.7 KB

C4, but anyway.

On the left side of the case, there should be a lever to shift the thing, and typically that's where it is. You might can just grab it, but be careful. Car might move on ya. You might need some leverage to do it.

If you have a different transmission, then look that one up and find it.

---

I just watched 'Fiona's Return' or whatever it was called. I got a big grin, 'cause first drive with the EFI motor... only to run outta gas. Hehe.
Old 5/18/15, 09:32 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to see her back on the road Arin.
Old 5/19/15, 11:52 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex

C4, but anyway.

On the left side of the case, there should be a lever to shift the thing, and typically that's where it is. You might can just grab it, but be careful. Car might move on ya. You might need some leverage to do it.

If you have a different transmission, then look that one up and find it.

---

I just watched 'Fiona's Return' or whatever it was called. I got a big grin, 'cause first drive with the EFI motor... only to run outta gas. Hehe.
hmm ill have to try that tomorrow. The car is in an awkward place at the moment so I'm not sure if I can jack it up there (super uneven pavement, the car is like mid drift bodyroll lol) Thats definitely the piece that wasn't moving when I moved the shifter lol. (and yes, it is a C4 )

might have to call AAA to tow my car from one parking lot to another lol, just to work on it.

(also the bullitt turns out to just have broken driver front caliper bolts. could be worse... but ****, I sure am getting lucky to have these failures at like 10mph instead of freeway speeds)

hopefully by next week I'll have em both going again. Im still working on redoing some of my final project work for a grade improvement so thats taking priority for a bit lol

thanks for the help! and yeah lol, I love that video.

and thanks jason also! I've put almost 500miles on her this spring it was fantastic! Just a bit on the slow side (for now)

Last edited by future9er24; 5/19/15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 4/6/16, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Happy Bithday Arin!