Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 1st and 2nd Generations
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

1st and 2nd Generations 1964-1978 Mustangs

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10/26/07, 7:54 AM   #1
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Scothew

4 Paws, Sometimes 2
CDC '67 Fastback: Flashback

very nice!

Classic Design Concepts recognizes that Baby Boomers have wants. They want to rejuvenate the past. They want to reap the rewards of their hard work by having the best. They demand quality.

Recognizing this and Baby Boomers' passion for automobiles, CDC has designed and engineered an all-new 1967 Mustang. In fact, they will be building four distinct versions of the '67.

CDC will debut two of their four baby boomer '67 builds at the 2007 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, October 30 - November 2. The first of the four will be a recreation of a base 1967 Mustang using all Ford licensed products with a few necessary amenities to make it more appealing to today's drivers. The 2nd will be George Huisman's vision of a '67 Mustang, code name "Flashback".

George Huisman, owner of CDC, Mustang enthusiast, concourse judge and a Baby Boomer himself, has taken his passion for the Mustang and superb design vision to create the '67 Flashback. Though the styling cues may conjure the past, the new-from-the-ground-up Flashback is loaded with modern amenities. Huisman has created a vehicle with tight exterior and interior fit and finish and a drivetrain pushing 600 horsepower, all while maintaining the key styling cues that made the 1967 Mustang fastback a classic.

Flashback is not just an exercise; in 2008, CDC will offer complete Flashbacks equipped with an extensive list of base components and options for personalization.

The CDC Flashback starts with Dynacorn's Ford authorized 1967 Mustang fastback body-the base to an extraordinary exterior design-and comes standard with CDC redesigned front and rear fascias. The front fascia includes functional brake ducts, a fog light package and bright mesh grille. The custom rear fascia features openings for dual-dual 2 7/8" exhaust tips fed by 2 1/2" dual exhaust. Functional lower side vents and molded scalloped upper sail panels provide a modern twist to classic fastback styling. Taillights with integrated reverse lights, a high capacity cooling system, external oil filter system, stainless steel brake, fuel and coolant lines and a Ford 9" rear end, not to mention dramatically increased head and leg room and power windows, locks, driver seat and interior trunk release, are all standard.

The interior features stitched leather sport seats and fold-down rear seats. A leather dash pad covers the custom gauge package that includes speed, tach, temperature, fuel, oil, boost, and fuel pressure gauges. An electronic air conditioning system provides comfortable cruising in the dead of summer or in those slow-moving parades. The CDC designed and engineered modular interior conforms to the 2008 standard of fit and finish and includes door panels, headliner, rear seat panels, rear sail panels and a center console including the shifter, secondary gauges, cup holders and storage, adding the perfect touch of current amenities while
maintaining key classic touches. A JVC Bongiovi head unit with Rockford Fosgate components and amplifiers pumps your soundtrack through the cabin.

The extensive list of standard features alone makes the Flashback a high-end package, but there's more.

Owners can choose from a laundry list of high quality suspension options from RRS. This Flashback is equipped with the RRS Phase 4 package, which includes 13.6" two-piece Molycarbide directional vented front rotors, six piston calipers and adjustable performance shocks with fully adjustable ride height. The rear brake kit includes 12.5" Molycarbide rotors. A Watts link rear suspension with extra long torque tube and fully adjustable rear height coil-over shocks allows the Flashback to handle like a modern road racer.

This Flashback is equipped with a 600-horsepower 5.4 liter supercharged V-8 with a 6-speed Tremec transmission underneath a CDC-designed heat extracting cowl hood with built-in turn signal indicators. The 18" Forgeline wheels are color-matched to the stripe on the Sherwin Williams metal flake Pearl Blue custom paint.

Click the image to open in full size.

-!!BREAKING NEWS!! --- I am stubborn and junk.
-Actions speak louder than words. Lack of action speaks loudest of all.
10 Reasons Why Bear Week Would Be Better Than Shark Week
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/07, 9:39 AM   #2
Cobra Member

I love the Flashback! I wonder what the other two models unveiled at SEMA will look like.

I just found out about this car today. I did a search before posting anything. Good job staying on top of the latest Mustang related news!
Old 10/26/07, 9:53 AM   #3

Cody

1965 Mustang restomod 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL, 2003 Ford Taurus SES
Send a message via MSN to codeman94
I like the interior! Cool. Cant wait for more pics. Thanks.
1965 Mustang Restomod Coupe -Private Purchase- October 20, 2001 from Union, South Carolina -Appearence- Fiberglass Decklid with Molded Ducktail, Fiberglass '67 Shelby Style Hood, Nuclear White with Painted Blue Metallic Le mans Stripes, -Interior- Custom White Vinyl with Blue inserts, -Performance- bored .040, C4, Traction Bars, Manual Choke, Aluminum Roller Rocker Arms, Weiand Intake, Edelbrock 500cfm Carberator- BRENSPEED Dyno results on 05/05/07 157.46 rwhp 217.91 rwtq. Click here for Photo bucket gallery

2005 Mustang GT Premium Convertible -Private Purchase- July 29, 2009 from Chicago, IL -Options- Mineral Grey, Black top, 5 speed manual, Red Leather interior, 1 of 71. -Sold- April 11,2010

TMS Resident professional Musician-www.codycolliermusic.com Check me out on iTunes!
codeman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/07, 9:54 AM   #4
Team Mustang Source

Jay

2007 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Vista Blue with Parchment interior
Garage
Wow! I want one! Brad just told me about this car, I'm going to try to get there Tuesday to get some pics of these cars, and whatever else I can.

I'll post them up here as soon as I get a chance.

Vista Blue Premium GT Med. Parchment interior, Spoiler Delete - delivered 7/20/2006

| MGW Gripper Shift ****, Power Plug, and NEW Performance Shifter | Flowmaster AT mufflers | GT/CS front and rear bumpers w/ GT50 mudflaps | One-of-a-Kind Steel hood with scoop by Reflexxion | MAG Plenum Cover, Mirror Inserts, and Radiator cover extansions | Strange Strut Tower Brace | Tuned Induction intake with Bamachips Tune | Steeda UDP's, Ultralite Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace | CDC Ducktail Spoiler and 3rd Brake Light | SHR Louvered Window Replacements | MRT Hood Strut Kit | Leather Console Lid | WebElectric Products Sequential Tail Lights | AutoVation racing pedals and left foot rest | Passion Automotive Shifter Boot | Door Panel Welts | Factory Nav System | Steeda CMCV Delete plates

Checkout my mods in http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=437885
jayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/07, 10:38 AM   #5
Bullitt Member

Andrew

2011 Mini Cooper
Wow.... don't even wanna think about the price tag on that one... very nice work.
Old 10/26/07, 1:29 PM   #6
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Scothew

4 Paws, Sometimes 2
Heres some more pics.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/class...ustang/455816/
-!!BREAKING NEWS!! --- I am stubborn and junk.
-Actions speak louder than words. Lack of action speaks loudest of all.
10 Reasons Why Bear Week Would Be Better Than Shark Week
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/07, 3:06 PM   #7

Cody

wow....I bet that thing is wicked fast.
1965 Mustang Restomod Coupe -Private Purchase- October 20, 2001 from Union, South Carolina -Appearence- Fiberglass Decklid with Molded Ducktail, Fiberglass '67 Shelby Style Hood, Nuclear White with Painted Blue Metallic Le mans Stripes, -Interior- Custom White Vinyl with Blue inserts, -Performance- bored .040, C4, Traction Bars, Manual Choke, Aluminum Roller Rocker Arms, Weiand Intake, Edelbrock 500cfm Carberator- BRENSPEED Dyno results on 05/05/07 157.46 rwhp 217.91 rwtq. Click here for Photo bucket gallery

2005 Mustang GT Premium Convertible -Private Purchase- July 29, 2009 from Chicago, IL -Options- Mineral Grey, Black top, 5 speed manual, Red Leather interior, 1 of 71. -Sold- April 11,2010

TMS Resident professional Musician-www.codycolliermusic.com Check me out on iTunes!
Old 10/26/07, 9:08 PM   #8
Cobra Member

1968.5 Mustang GT/CS, 1969 Mustang
If I thought it'd be anywhere near affordable, I'd be seriously interested in buying one. The 375HP base model with an option or two would be plenty for me!

Anyone notice they don't show the front end? Makes you wonder why.

Here's a link to their site: http://cdcflashback.com/
Wolfsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/07, 9:11 PM   #9
Founder

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg View Post
If I thought it'd be anywhere near affordable, I'd be seriously interested in buying one. The 375HP base model with an option or two would be plenty for me!

Anyone notice they don't show the front end? Makes you wonder why.

Here's a link to their site: http://cdcflashback.com/
Either it's not quite finished or they want to unveil it at SEMA.
TMSBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 12:04 AM   #10

Dave

06 LL GT/2011 5.0 Pace Car
Garage
Anyone going to SEMA? I'll be there the 1st and 2nd, drooling overe this thing....

I Hate Priuses and All Toyotas Coalition. TMS Chapter
jacostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 3:06 AM   #11
Closet American

2007 Mustang GT Premium
I want one!
INT UPGRADE PKG (18G) | PREM TRIM PKG (68B) | CHARCOAL INSTRUMENT PANEL APPLIQUE (67D) | COMFORT GROUP (53B) | DVD NAV SYS (58X) | SIRIUS SAT RADIO (50S) | MOBILE EASE (602) | SEAT SIDE AIRBG (43A) | ACTIVE ANTI-THFT (14A) | 18" PREM FANBLADE WHEELS (64E) | WHEEL LOCKING KIT (17L)
RED & BLACK KATZKIN 'BLACK WIDOW' INTERIOR TREATMENT | AUTO-DIMMING ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR WITH HOMELINK, TEMPERATURE & COMPASS | BF GOODRICH KDW II 255 45 R18 TIRES X 4 | MIDWEST MIRROR COVERS | PAINTED CALIPERS
| STEEDA CAI/SCT III TUNE
| FRPP EXHAUST | CDC SEQUENTIALS
Hollywood_North GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 3:30 PM   #12
Team Mustang Source

Sean

FORDS!
Front Shot>>>

"I like to tell stories much in the same way a film director tells a story through film. In the Ford design studios we do the same thing by bending the sheet metal in such a way to communicate each vehicle's unique story. Every great movie has a memorable story but many end up being just a sequence of special effects. Likewise, great automobiles have a story to tell, while the majority is too often just special effects that quickly go out of fashion."
Ford Car Designer J. Mays

Topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 3:55 PM   #13
Team Mustang Source

Ol'Dave

2012 BOSS CO, 1549
To bad about that Facelift. They had a good thing going there. Wonder how it will compare to the ROUSH Reactor, also there at SEMA.

Our current rides:
2012 BOSS 302 #1549 500A, stock (so far) del 11/11/11
FLAstangx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 4:06 PM   #14
Founder

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3 View Post
Wonder how it will compare to the ROUSH Reactor, also there at SEMA.
Are they taking the Reactor again this year??
TMSBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 4:29 PM   #15

Cody

ehh...the wheels make it look cheap I think.

Old 10/27/07, 4:37 PM   #16
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Doug

2000 GT Black on Black 20Fter Spring Edition
Looked good till I saw the front..although alot of the cues are lifted from Troys Fast forward Fastback
burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 4:52 PM   #17
Closet American

2007 Mustang GT Premium
OK, I changed my mind after seeing the front. I don't want one anymore.
INT UPGRADE PKG (18G) | PREM TRIM PKG (68B) | CHARCOAL INSTRUMENT PANEL APPLIQUE (67D) | COMFORT GROUP (53B) | DVD NAV SYS (58X) | SIRIUS SAT RADIO (50S) | MOBILE EASE (602) | SEAT SIDE AIRBG (43A) | ACTIVE ANTI-THFT (14A) | 18" PREM FANBLADE WHEELS (64E) | WHEEL LOCKING KIT (17L)
RED & BLACK KATZKIN 'BLACK WIDOW' INTERIOR TREATMENT | AUTO-DIMMING ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR WITH HOMELINK, TEMPERATURE & COMPASS | BF GOODRICH KDW II 255 45 R18 TIRES X 4 | MIDWEST MIRROR COVERS | PAINTED CALIPERS
| STEEDA CAI/SCT III TUNE
| FRPP EXHAUST | CDC SEQUENTIALS
Hollywood_North GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/07, 5:26 PM   #18

Cody

I wonder how they got a hold of those grille emblems?...Ebay?

Old 10/27/07, 6:11 PM   #19
Cobra Member

1968.5 Mustang GT/CS, 1969 Mustang
Yikes! That front looks hideous.
Wolfsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/07, 11:19 AM   #20

Dave

06 LL GT/2011 5.0 Pace Car
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT View Post
OK, I changed my mind after seeing the front. I don't want one anymore.
Yeah, I don't get that at all!!!

I Hate Priuses and All Toyotas Coalition. TMS Chapter
jacostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/07, 11:19 AM